Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PlayStation Controller Interface — Parallax Forums

PlayStation Controller Interface

Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
edited 2005-11-25 23:56 in General Discussion
Here's a program I developed for my January Nuts & Volts column that uses the SX to act as an interface between a BASIC Stamp and a PlayStation game controller.· Since there are extra pins on the SX28 I use them as a spare I/O port for the BASIC Stamp.

If anyone actually has a PlayStation (I don't)·and can connect connect a logic analyzer to the Attention (for triggering), Clock, Command, and Data lines I would love to know the exchange that sets up and activates the controller motors (in the Dual Shock controllers).· There's a lot of incomplete information floating around the 'net and none of it lead me to a version of my program that would me activate the motors.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jon Williams
Applications Engineer, Parallax

Post Edited (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 11/26/2005 10:13:18 PM GMT

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2005-11-25 22:39
    I have a PS one, but don't have a logic analyzer, do you think I can record the data via my "audio recorder? (i have used it before to view shiftout, and it worked great) how fast is the communication?
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-11-25 23:56
    I really think a decent multi-channel logic analyzer is required to do this -- that one that fits under a BASIC Stamp on a BOE would probably work (I don't have USB2 on my PC so I don't use that one).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax