Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with BS2 and pressure sensor — Parallax Forums

Help with BS2 and pressure sensor

broke_as_ajokebroke_as_ajoke Posts: 2
edited 2005-07-26 18:24 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I'm new to the forum so i want to say hello to everyone out there. Let me get to the question I have. I'm using the basic stamp·the BS2 (educational borad) and I'm doing some of the samples that parallax have listed in the [font=Arial,Bold]
Basic Analog and Digital [/font][font=Arial,Bold size=5]Student Guide
[/font]VERSION 1.3. Right now I'm going over chapter 3 in the online book. I have the circuit setup just like they instru. But the thing is i'm removing the POT and using a sensor. The problem is that the sensor is not giving me any valves back. I was wondering if anyone as every worked with a 6 pin air pressure sensor (company name Fujikura Ltd). Te sensor send out a voltage which i'm taking that and putting it into the ADC (analog·digital converter)·083. Also the way I test the circuit was i left the POT into make sure the curcuit was hooked up correctly which it was (working fine with the POT), but soon as I replaced it with the pressure sensor I didn't get any valves that I could use. If anyone could help me I thank you so much cuz i have not been able to get it to work correctly. I attach the spec sheet of the sensor.
and again thanks

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-07-20 22:35
    Hello,

·· If you have both caps connected as in the datasheet and you have the 3 connections to the Stamp/ADC power and signal connections, what readings are you getting from the ADC?· Also, have you tried applying pressure through the aperture under the sensor?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • broke_as_ajokebroke_as_ajoke Posts: 2
    edited 2005-07-26 18:24
    Hey thanks for the help, I think i got it working. I have the sensor hooked up and it's giving me a reading. I think the main problem was that the company didn't have the tranform function attached to the data sheet. I have the connections hooked up correctly because i also replace the sensor with the "POT" and the reading are working out fine.· but thanks for the help