Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Amp/preamp design - Page 11 — Parallax Forums

Amp/preamp design

15678911»

Comments

• SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 237
    edited 2024-02-16 02:34

@Mickster said:
    I miss quite a few of those who've moved on, many of whom I never really interacted with but enjoyed their company.
    Craig

It's so hard to believe...for a short period of time there was so much interest and then...POOF! Everyone was gone. I was unable to prevent what happened to me. But I may be back to a point where I can start over again and was really hoping to reconnect with some of those people that had more foundational interests similar to mine. I've even built a retro 6502 system and a retro Z80 system. Kind of revisiting my roots, if you will.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,423

Partly might be a knowledge gap has formed and this is preventing new and old entrants alike to the Prop2 ecosystem. There is some grumblings about the Prop2 docs being unhelpful for beginners. It's certainly a much bigger job documenting than the Prop1 was. And maybe Chip's input is needed on that side more too. Dunno what the Parallax internal state is at.

I guess the basics could be documented similar. But it's all too easy to get bogged down in the potential of the Prop2's new features.

• @evanh said:
    Partly might be a knowledge gap has formed and this is preventing new and old entrants alike to the Prop2 ecosystem. There is some grumblings about the Prop2 docs being unhelpful for beginners. It's certainly a much bigger job documenting than the Prop1 was. And maybe Chip's input is needed on that side more too. Dunno what the Parallax internal state is at.
    I guess the basics could be documented similar. But it's all too easy to get bogged down in the potential of the Prop2's new features.

I will admit that, since I have not been a part of the Parallax ecosystem for >6 years (been working with Arduino and PLCs, mostly), I haven't even done anything with the P2. Doesn't look nearly as easy as the P1 though when glancing at the examples in the Propeller Tool. I have an early dev board around here somewhere, but haven't really touched it, short of seeing if the PC could talk to it via Propeller Tool once.