Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX OBEX - Feedback, ideas and todo's - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

PLX OBEX - Feedback, ideas and todo's

Comments

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    - deleted pages are not actually deleted. Possibly intentional?

correct - set to draft for now. that might change.

• you actually can not use uploaded images in the description, the link goes bad after a while.

correct - time limited. need to implement as mentioned above, or use external link for interim.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,283
    edited 2023-10-18 16:56

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Also, I'm trying to upload some real, non-jape objects but the title limit is stopping me.

what max-length would be suitable ?

Set to 40... Any better ?

• One that isn't notably shorter than any of the imported objects have. Even "Stepper Motor Driver Ver 2" would be too long by current standard. Maybe 2x as long or so.

• Oh, I see you increased it. Also, there's no way to get rid of a draft (especially if you messed with the matrix), so enjoy a new silly.

• Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,522
    edited 2023-10-18 17:29

Can't post nothing anymore. Tried to post an actual thing twice. Owie. Even lost the draft. Can't shitpost either, so idk, something broke.

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Oh, I see you increased it. Also, there's no way to get rid of a draft (especially if you messed with the matrix), so enjoy a new silly.

Delete Draft link added next to Save Draft (appears only after clicking Save Draft the first time)

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Can't post nothing anymore. Tried to post an actual thing twice. Owie. Even lost the draft. Can't shitpost either, so idk, something broke.

cleaning up the spewie remnants... one moment....

• @Wuerfel_21 Try now. (And don't be tempted to change the OB... )

• Spewie remnants?

• I am still lamenting the lack of OPNAcog and having duplicate OPN2cogs instead? Will you fix that import error or should I manually re-create OPNAcog?

• fixing is possible shortly

• Hey Wuerfel, thanks for your time and efforts in doing the user testing for us.
    When we finally get around to using I am sure it will be easier and more robust for us!

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,203
    edited 2023-10-19 00:55

The excessive zipping is gone, thanks.
    The new file delete buttons appears to work when editing the exchange entry. The files are removed there. But all files are still downloadable at the user download interface. No apparent change.

• @evanh said:
    The excessive zipping is gone, thanks.
    The new file delete buttons appears to work when editing the exchange entry. The files are removed there. But all files are still downloadable at the user download interface. No apparent change.

Working on this today.

• Noticed the tunes.zip in OPNAcog is busted, tried re-uploading it and now I lost edit rights or something.

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Noticed the tunes.zip in OPNAcog is busted, tried re-uploading it and now I lost edit rights or something.

cool, will check it.

Added an async zipper this morning, so shouldn't be noticeable delay after submitting files anymore.
    Still need to clear individual object cache after deletes and edits, etc, and then will re-check all the permissions/etc...

• ps. I'm pondering to re-import the P1 git stuff tomorrow morning. Probably be quicker than trying to edit categories one-by-one. IF I do that, probably take it offline for the duration- CET early should avoid most eyes :) That won't impact any new stuff posted by anyone- just the archiver P1 posts will be removed/replaced.

• @VonSzarvas said:
    @dgately Which OB number was that ? That's a great example of a file with inconsistent line endings- would like to fix that.

3753 (FullDuplexSerial for P2)

• Some improvements to the uploader-

cache force refresh after files deleted and edited

async background archive zip (faster upload experience). Downside is the zip download can take 60 seconds until ready, so don't rush to try and download it after posting or editing! (Could add a timer to lock download button; just more fluff!).

spinner added to some places.

download links no longer causing a page jump. might be nice to have spinners on those too, but the browser already shows some action, and again, it's more javascript fluff!

top links (shop,learn, etc..) now open in new tabs

bunch of small things that I've already forgotten!

-- probably re-import the P1 stuff tomorrow, to clean up the tagging. And then look at how to sprinkle tag-access and tag-info bubbles into the mix. Oh, and file versioning.

• @dgately said:

@VonSzarvas said:
    @dgately Which OB number was that ? That's a great example of a file with inconsistent line endings- would like to fix that.

3753 (FullDuplexSerial for P2)

now I see it... thanks. That's the stock preview feature of that plugin, so can't twiddle with that at the moment. Will see if we can disable the preview though, as I can see it's pretty pointless and arguably disturbing. Keep the preview for images though.

• Still can't edit OPNACog (says I own it on the list, but says it's owned by vonszarvas on the actual page - splitbrain af) and tunes.zip is still missing

Von,
    I'm currently seeing automatic blocking of third parties (They don't seem required):
    jsdelivr.net
    polyfill.io
    fontawesome.com
    gravatar.com

I've had to manually allow:
    www.googleapis.com (For file uploading)

Are these external references just defaults of the scripting tools? It'd be nice not to be relying on them.

• Agreed.just not got to cleaning up yet, that's all. Will be removing everything possible.

• @Wuerfel_21 said:
    Still can't edit OPNACog (says I own it on the list, but says it's owned by vonszarvas on the actual page - splitbrain af) and tunes.zip is still missing

Yeah, too funky trying to change the author. Could you just recreate?

Btw... You've not exercised the markdown box yet? Crikey... Did I add the CSS for keyboard symbols... Now I've gotta check!

edited 2023-10-19 21:29

@VonSzarvas said:
    Agreed.just not got to cleaning up yet, that's all. Will be removing everything possible.

Cool.

• @VonSzarvas said:

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Still can't edit OPNACog (says I own it on the list, but says it's owned by vonszarvas on the actual page - splitbrain af) and tunes.zip is still missing

Yeah, too funky trying to change the author. Could you just recreate?

Could do that, but don't you want to change the archive imports, too? So you'll have to figure out how to do it anyways.

Btw... You've not exercised the markdown box yet? Crikey... Did I add the CSS for keyboard symbols... Now I've gotta check!

I did, but I was distracted at the preview box allowing you to get away with all sorts of things.

• Infact, you can paste something like <iframe srcdoc="<script>window.top.location='https://youtu.be/4H4-BagR3hs'</script>"></iframe> into the editor, click preview and get scripted on. Submit appears to reject it, so that's good.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,283
    edited 2023-10-25 10:38

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    Infact, you can paste something like <iframe srcdoc="<script>window.top.location='https://youtu.be/4H4-BagR3hs'</script>"></iframe> into the editor, click preview and get scripted on. Submit appears to reject it, so that's good.

Yep, the content is filtered on submit. You can paste anything you like in the box and have it run in your own browser window :wink:

• It's cool that it's back, but the OB# sorting is now broken and the re-import seems to have brought back the "double opn2cog but no opnacog" problem.

• Will add to the list for review. Will try and check the double opn thing after work tonight.