Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Carrier board — Parallax Forums

P2 Carrier board

One of the things with the P1 was that you could buy the dip version and plug it into a bread board and add a few components and power and you were good to go.

The P2 is far from that design. For the home enthusiasts they are not going to attempt to work with it.

The P2 Edge is nice but it still requires a lot of real-estate to make it work.

I think what the P2 needs is a carrier board like Espressif uses for it design. Make a 25mm x 35mm carrier board with the pins brought out to the edges, say 20 on each side so that one could build a board that this would be soldered onto.

This way the complicated little power modules and clock configuration is done for you.

If space is an issue leave off the 5 volt power supply. Just get the complicated stuff done. Don't need an SD card as this can be added in a number of different ways. Make a simple product that can be used without using up a lot of real-estate.

Mike

Comments

• how about this?

• @Simonius ,

I see a couple of issues, One the board is too big for a bread board layout and hyper ram and SD socket are not needed and increase cost.

Mike

• Well there's @Cluso99 and @ManAtWork alternatives. Am I missing something?

• @Mickster ,

Those are bread board type solutions. I was looking for drop-in unit that could be used for just about anything with the basics covered.

Mike

• One of the things with the P1 was that you could buy the dip version and plug it into a bread board and add a few components and power and you were good to go.

The P2 is far from that design.

I really am missing something :lol:

• Interest in this weeks talk on Wednesday about P2 PCB layout and simple design.

Mike

• @iseries said:
    Interest in this weeks talk on Wednesday about P2 PCB layout and simple design.

Mike

I must really been missing something; there seems to be nothing scheduled at "Propeller 2 Live Forum - Early Adopter Series (topics, speakers and registration!)"-thread...

• @Yanomani ,

Look under events on the main page, Unless they cancel it.

Mike

• YanomaniYanomani Posts: 1,524
    edited 2022-03-08 01:18

@iseries said:
    @Yanomani ,

Look under events on the main page, Unless they cancel it.

Mike

Wow! Thanks a lot, Mike! Without your guidance, I would never be able to find it (and register, for sure). :smile:

@evanh said:
    This main page? https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/171704/propeller-2-live-forum-early-adopter-series-topics-speakers-and-registration/p1

Under UPCOMING: is just a couple of out-of-date February dates.

https://parallax.com/news-blog/

Yes, evanh, at first, I was also foolished by the someway misleading and outdated links, but loosely remembered something about Michael Mulholland, and the integration of P2-EC Module into PCB Layouts; then the dates in white text over blue background called my attention...

I was feeling so lonely, so "J. Quincy Magoo", inside my "blindness" :smiley:

P.S. https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1531354/#Comment_1531354

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,183

Oh, that's a Smile webpage. Can't link the events list. :(

• Neither under "Recent Posts", "Upcoming Events"???

No, the parallax.com news blog you provided. I see the events listed there, when scripting is enabled, but can't make a direct link to the list.

• BTW.. That event was cancelled / postponed. I believe it was moved a month or so down the track, although I've not seen any more info that that yet. No doubt Ken will run a mailout once things are known.

I believe it became impossible to get the parts to build the "secret" thing that was going to be launched, and now purchasing is waiting for confirmation on what-the-heck is happening. One of the parts for sure suddenly moved from pre-ordered and scheduled March delivery to Feb 2023 delivery !!

Lots of rug-pulling going on still, sadly. We'll work around it of-course and bounce back ASAP.

edited 2022-03-08 10:03

@VonSzarvas said:
    ... One of the parts for sure suddenly moved from pre-ordered and scheduled March delivery to Feb 2023 delivery !!

Lots of rug-pulling going on still, sadly. We'll work around it of-course and bounce back ASAP.

I think it's the toilet paper phenomenon at play. There's a scare and supplies suddenly get hoarded. Back-room deals galore.