Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spin Tools IDE - Page 18 — Parallax Forums

Spin Tools IDE

1121314151618»

Comments

• @macca said:

• Added LZ4 compressed binary images
      This generates a compressed binary image using the LZ4 compressor as described here. The Spin2 preferences page has a new option to enable the compression.

From the command line compiler use the -z switch to enable the compression spinc -u -z Hello.spin2

:+1:
    What kind of ratios are you getting? (especially with large bytecode projects, I never actually tested it for that). I looked at the code and you're using compression level 12 - I think(TM) the java library counts differently and 17 is the maximum (which is what you want, max level LZ4HC is still plenty fast)

• maccamacca Posts: 768

@Wuerfel_21 said:
    What kind of ratios are you getting? (especially with large bytecode projects, I never actually tested it for that). I looked at the code and you're using compression level 12 - I think(TM) the java library counts differently and 17 is the maximum (which is what you want, max level LZ4HC is still plenty fast)

I tried with MAX_COMPRESSION_LEVEL (17) but generated files larger by 1 or 2 bytes, at least with the few files I tried.
    With 12 it generates files exactly as your example compression.

• Ah, interesting. Maybe that's some oddity of jvm vs native implementations. So all is good.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,418
    edited 2024-10-07 11:36

After upgrading to 0.38, the search feature seems different (or broken?).

If I click the icon for search, or press CTRL+F, I don't see a modal to type in a search term.
    However after clicking the icon I can type a search term, then hit enter, and it works. But then CTRL+K doesn't find the next result.

Maybe the modal window is not showing up on my screen for some reason...
    Does anyone else see the same issue, or is this just my PC causing havoc?

edited 2024-10-07 14:16

@VonSzarvas said:
    After upgrading to 0.38, the search feature seems different (or broken?).

If I click the icon for search, or press CTRL+F, I don't see a modal to type in a search term.
    However after clicking the icon I can type a search term, then hit enter, and it works. But then CTRL+K doesn't find the next result.

Maybe the modal window is not showing up on my screen for some reason...

The symptoms suggests that the window is open but hidden somewhere (outside the screen ?), CTRL-K doesn't work in this case because the search window still have the focus, if you continue to hit enter you should see the search progress.

Check the preferences file .spin-tools in the home directory, there is a section "search" -> "window" that defines the location and size. You can delete the whole "window" section to reset the size and position to the default.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,418
    edited 2024-10-07 14:40

@macca said:
    Check the preferences file .spin-tools in the home directory, there is a section "search" -> "window" that defines the location and size. You can delete the whole "window" section to reset the size and position to the default.

That solved it. I changed the monitor recently- probably that was it.

Thanks!

• pilot0315pilot0315 Posts: 901
    edited 2024-10-11 06:23

@macca

I got this error and it will not go away. What is it?
    All I did was x out the program to shut it off.

@pilot0315 said:
    @macca

I got this error and it will not go away. What is it?
    All I did was x out the program to shut it off.

Happened to me a couple of times, when the P2 was running with a continuous debug output, is that what you were doing ?
    I tought I had fixed but clearly something doesn't work as expected. Are you using the latest IDE version ?

The dialogs can be closed with the OK button (there are a lot of them), and the program should close. In the worst case you need to force kill the program.

I suggest to always reset the P2 or somehow stop the serial output before closing the IDE, until I can fix the issue.

Released version 0.39.0

With this release I started to implement the debug windows to make it independent from PNut. The implementation is still at the early stages, currently I have implemented bitmap, logic, scope, scopeXY and plot, however not all commands/features are implemented or implemented correctly.

I have also rewritten the language tokenizer to fix the backtick debug commands parsing, hope to not have broken something.

Also updared the Spin2 interpreter and debug to the PNut-TS version.

In short:

• Token stream parser refactorings
    • Fixed debug backtick commands
    • Initial debug windows implementation
    • Spin2 interpreter and debugger updated to version 2023.11.11
  • :+1: Great work!

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,077
    edited 2024-10-18 18:37

Thank you, Marco!

• @macca said:
    Released version 0.39.0

With this release I started to implement the debug windows to make it independent from PNut. The implementation is still at the early stages, currently I have implemented bitmap, logic, scope, scopeXY and plot, however not all commands/features are implemented or implemented correctly.

Nicely done and we appreciate this, too!

Ken Gracey

• @macca said:
    With this release I started to implement the debug windows to make it independent from PNut.

Awesome! :)