Shop Learn
Anyone still working with the Arlo Robot Chassis? — Parallax Forums

Anyone still working with the Arlo Robot Chassis?

TCIIITCIII Posts: 31
edited 2021-12-20 16:18 in Robotics

Hi All,

I have been working with my Arlo Robot following this ArloBot guide.

Regards,
TCIII

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,059

Not me, but here's a cheap chassis on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254731825352

• Eddie and ARLO have different wheel cutouts for the different wheel and motor kits.

• TCIIITCIII Posts: 31
    edited 2021-12-23 21:10

@ Publison,

That is correct. I actually have an Eddie platform, but was able to adapt the newer encoders to the older chassis.

erco's link is to the original Eddie chassis which will not accept the newer motor kit.

Regards,
    TCIII

• Hi All,

I about to turn my ArloBot lose on my indoor environment as I have completed all of the initial software and hardware configuration checks in the ArloBot guide.

My present ArloBot configuration consists of an Eddie Robot Base, original Motor Mount and Wheel Kit, updated 36-Position Quadrature Encoder Set, a Propeller Activity Board WX, 4 PING Sensors (3 in the front and 1 in the rear), a Slamtech A1M8 RPLidar for mapping, and a Xbox One Gamepad for remote control without using teleop.

Hopefully I can make a map of my indoor environment and get the ArloBot to navigate around my indoor environment.

Regards,
    TCIII

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,507
    edited 2021-12-26 03:06

I have a lot of the Arlo hardware but I don't have an Arlo base. I made my chassis from expanded PVC.

The above photo is from this thread.

I haven't done much with the robot lately but it's sitting next me while I work.

. . . a Slamtech A1M8 RPLidar for mapping, . . .

I have a Slamtech Lidar but I haven't used it much yet.

I'm still undecided which will be my next step with my Arlo robot. I'm considering converting the robot to be controlled by a Propeller 2. I'm also seriously considering adding an ArduRover controller and using it with Mission Planner. It would be fun to have the robot travel around the block using waypoints.

I hope you share photos of your project with us. As I mentioned in another thread, I'd be happy to help getting the PAB communicating with a motor controller using Spin.