Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Visual Studio Code supports P2 development on Windows, Mac, Linux (yes, RPi) - Page 8 — Parallax Forums

Visual Studio Code supports P2 development on Windows, Mac, Linux (yes, RPi)

1234568»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069

Stephen,
    Just read your development over the past 18 months.
    What you have achieved is nothing short of remarkable.

Congratulations!

• @Cluso99 said:
    Congratulations!

Thank you! It's been fun to work on.

• @jrullan said:
    @"Stephen Moraco" ,

I haven't revisited my P2 programs for almost a year now, but recently I wanted to do check on the code and after updating the extensions in VSC, I suddenly have lots of syntax errors, mostly on object methods, in a code that compiles ok. I tested in latest version of Spin Tools for comparison and it doesn't show any syntax errors there. I am using the latest version of flexspin as compiler. Did I miss some change I need to do with the new version of the Spin2 extension? Here's a screenshot for reference:

Thanks Stephen!!!

2.2.16 fixed my issue in Windows:

• Stephen MoracoStephen Moraco Posts: 310
    edited 2024-04-15 00:13

@"Stephen Moraco" said:

@jrullan said:

I haven't revisited my P2 programs for almost a year now, ..... Did I miss some change I need to do with the new version of the Spin2 extension?

For those of you reading this. I could not identify the cause but could not recreate the issue with the v2.2.15 as I was working on it before release. I then reviewed all the code, found and fixed 3 more issues I was able to find, and then pushed the new release.

Ok, I worked with @jrullan and found a defect in the handling of files on windows that was causing all of the object references to not be found.
    I've just release v2.2.16 to address this issue.

Here's what's new in v2.2.16

v2.2.16
    Update P2 Only

• BUGFIX: Syntax: add missing bytefit/wordfit recognition in DAT blocks (#6)
    • BUGFIX: Semantic: repair handling of {Spin2_v??} built-in method name support
    • BUGFIX: File access issues on Windows (11?) repaired
    • Cleaned up the code-fold detection... now handling ORG* forms better (#6)
    • Adjusted report key chords for Windows:
      • Ctrl+Win+r - Generate Object Hierarchy Report
      • Ctrl+Win+d - Generate OBject Public Interface Report
      • Ctrl+Win+c - (When cursor on PUB or PRI line) Insert Doc comment below the PUB or PRI line

If you see any issues with these new features please let us know by filing new issues at our code repo. (or email me directly.)