Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What is the value to be made in the USA, for a Parallax customer? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

What is the value to be made in the USA, for a Parallax customer?

2»

Comments

• If I project more Bs2's it would be for qty. 100 ea.

• Bs2

1536 x 2048 - 747K
  • Chris Savage managed to track down an (assembled) OEM BS1 kit. While in my tests to confirm that the environment was properly configured I did use the regular BS1, I did not use that one.

It seems that the ones for the OEM BS2 are available. As are the ones for the OEM BS1. What about reviving those two kits? For my money, I'd be in a great position to make these OEM kits available, same with Prop 1 kits using the single chips, and then the more difficult process of Prop 2 kits, although I do not know how many of my fellow Hacking Society members are soldering device qualified.

So that's my position, that there are people in that grouping who find my talents amazing when it comes to such things, making OEM kits available to them would be worth diamonds.

Mascot away.

• @DigitalBob said:
    Bs2

Are you using BS2 OEM? I noticed there where only 29 in stock, but they can probably burn some more.

• Yes Bs2 OEM, I had to change course and upgrade to the P1, the Bs2 was too limited, I mean I already used up all of the variables. So I'm already protyping a P1 QFP version, when I'm ready I'll see if Ken will give me a break on qty. 100-200 QFP.

• Maybe qty. 500

• This is the rough cut front and back of the Bs2 rate meter 1/8 din.

1536 x 2048 - 640K
    1536 x 2048 - 749K
  • @"Ken Gracey" said:

@pik33 said:
    The TME is one of most known electronic parts supplier here so yes, of course, I know them.

@pik33 I think both of us made a request of TME, but they didn't contact me yet. Let's try again - they're the main outlet for most of eastern Europe so we need to get our goodies into their store.

If you don't mind, please send them your message again.

Ken Gracey

I can ask them too. I'm ordering from TME regularly and having a local next-day source for Parallax parts in Europe would sure be handy.

• pik33pik33 Posts: 2,350

@"Ken Gracey" said:

@pik33 said:
    The TME is one of most known electronic parts supplier here so yes, of course, I know them.

@pik33 I think both of us made a request of TME, but they didn't contact me yet. Let's try again - they're the main outlet for most of eastern Europe so we need to get our goodies into their store.

Ken Gracey

I got an automatic response and nothing else. I used a contact box on their web page, next time I will try mailing from my university email.

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2021-02-28 00:24

I buy parts pretty often from TME myself, for shipment to California. They sometimes offer great deals, especially it seems on parts manufactured in the EU, or as a channel for excess inventory. My last order was for $350 Phoenix Contact terminals “ Listwa zaciskowa do druku;kątowe 90°;2,54mm” , plus $9 shipping from Poland. The whole shipping thing mystifies me. Another one, from Arrow/Verical, came in two deliveries from the Netherlands, free shipping. I know I can’t ship the other way for that, and I doubt if Parallax can either. It must have to do with volume of sales, negotiated shipping contracts, made up for on the rates to us smaller and smallest fry.

I think it’s great that Parallax maintains quality control A to Z. Still it’s strange that it can cost as much for them to ship within California as it does for others to ship from Europe or from Asia.

• SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 205
    edited 2021-02-28 03:30

@"Buck Rogers" said:
    Chris Savage managed to track down an (assembled) OEM BS1 kit. While in my tests to confirm that the environment was properly configured I did use the regular BS1, I did not use that one.
    It seems that the ones for the OEM BS2 are available. As are the ones for the OEM BS1. What about reviving those two kits? For my money, I'd be in a great position to make these OEM kits available, same with Prop 1 kits using the single chips, and then the more difficult process of Prop 2 kits, although I do not know how many of my fellow Hacking Society members are soldering device qualified.

Buck Rogers...thanks for remembering this. I used to have articles showing how to integrate the BS1, BS2 and several BS2 variants into OEM versions using through hole chips.

Sadly the only article that survived is this one: https://savagecircuits.com/bs2-oem-lite-bs2/

• pik33pik33 Posts: 2,350

@"Ken Gracey" said:

@pik33 said:

Ken Gracey

Repeated.

• Hello!
    Well for me, a great site that tempted me to make a purchase from the site yesterday. In this case it insisted that I bought a box for Parallax boards and a bare board.

New Order See there.

Mascot involved but not writing.