Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
FlexProp: a complete programming system for P2 (and P1) - Page 54 — Parallax Forums

FlexProp: a complete programming system for P2 (and P1)

1484950515254»

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,040

@Rayman said:
    OTOH, there is a lot of existing Spin1 code for P1, so might not work the best....

Yah, I modified every object from the Obex I used on my only Prop1 project but still it was a nice way to get going quickly.

• @Rayman said:
    That is a cool feature of FlexProp where you can do Spin1 on P2 and Spin2 on P1, if you want.

Chip really listened to Spin2 feature requests and delivered on a language that is much better, IMHO.
    So, if I were to do something on P1 again, I might be very tempted to do it with FlexProp and Spin2.
    OTOH, there is a lot of existing Spin1 code for P1, so might not work the best....

You can certainly use Spin1 objects from Spin2 code with FlexProp (for that matter you can use C or BASIC files as objects, too). You might sometimes have to explicitly give the file extension, like:

obj
       ser: "FullDuplexSerial.spin"

although if there's no possibility for conflict (no .spin2 version of the file) I think the compiler can find it just as "FullDuplexSerial".

• I've released version 6.8.0 of FlexProp on both github and my Patreon page (see my signature for links). The changes in this version of the compiler include:

Version 6.8.0
    - Added support for `%"xyzw"` constants in Spin2
    - Added locking for host file system I/O
    - Added `--compress` flag to compress binaries (courtesy of Ada)
    - Fixed incorrect inline assembly for `#outb` and other hw registers
    - Made `@foo.bar` work when `bar` is a label
    - Supported PNut v43 `{Spin2_vNN}` version comments