New build guide for Micromite Companion v1.2

I put together an updated build guide for the MMC v1.2 (the previous one, by Jeff Ledger, is for v1.1a and is no longer available online).

http://fireheadfred.com/mmc_build_webpage/mmc_build_guide2.htm

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • nicely done, but one wrong statement, the Parallax Forum is NOT a retitled Propeller powered forum.

Cool that you keep this updated and alive, thank you

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • Ok thanks, I'll make sure to change that comment about Propeller powered being retitled.
  • TorTor Posts: 1,911
    A few typos:
    o It says 'resister' one place (about blue 1k resistors)
    o Step 6, "well" instead of "we'll"
    o Step 7: Likewise
    o Step 8: Likewise
    o Step 9 c: "isnt", "youll"
    o Socket test: "theyre"
    Btw, the reason > 2GB cards are so different is that they are SDHC cards, they are blocked differently and as you found, formatting them to 2GB doesn't help. These cards need a different driver.
    o Paragraph before step 11: "its" should be "it's" (normally the problem is the other way around! :))

I skimmed it very quickly so it's possible I didn't find all typos.
  • Thanks for doing this.
    Its something I was going to build but never got round to it. Then when the website disappeared I forgot about it.
    There still remains....
    http://www.instructables.com/member/Propellerpowered/instructables/
    which contain some tutorials (instructables) on the companion and other stuff.
    Manuals and References:
    a. The "Micromite Companion Manual" is a master list of the special Propeller I2C commands.
    b. The "Micromite Manual.PDF" is recommended reading and will give you complete information on MMBASIC.
    c. The breadboard section on the Micromite Companion is numbered in a way that corresponds to the Micromite chip numbers.
    There seems to be no links attached to these items and I cant find a link to them.

There is also...
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Building-your-own-Micromite-Companion-Minicomputer/
    but I cannot find a source for the manuals or software.

Dave

• @dvanaria - thanks for this! This work needed to be saved and shared.
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Is the Micromite Companion kit still available?
  • Looks like the Ver 1.2 can be ordered in the top post via email.
    Infernal Machine
  • Publison wrote: »
    Looks like the Ver 1.2 can be ordered in the top post via email.
    Thanks! I already have one but maybe I'll order another. They're fun to assemble. There aren't that many solder kits around anymore.

• David Betz wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »
    Thanks! I already have one but maybe I'll order another. They're fun to assemble. There aren't that many solder kits around anymore.

Do you have Jeff's 1.1?

Infernal Machine
  • Publison wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »

Do you have Jeff's 1.1?
    Hmmm... It seems I have two already. One is V1.1a and the other is V1.2.

• PropBASIC ROCKS!
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,314
    edited April 3 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So, who will be implementing a xilinx or other FPGA version of this?
    Ordnung ist das halbe Leben
    I gave up on that half long ago.........