Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF Detector - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

RF Detector

2»

Comments

• Got it! Fe boots! At least their not Pb boots!
  • Haha, I was experimenting with lead while I made up my comparison chart. 2 oz Pb sinker had little effect.

In my research I read that a single turn of wire will disrupt the field. I tested it out using a 12 ga copper wire. Sure enough it worked great, better than anything thus far. 3.5uH drop! The issue is that for the most effect it needs to be the same size as the coil in the ground, and that's not happening for traffic lights.

I will cut the Fe foil to the size of the insole, and the remove the middle part, so it resembles a loop. The foil is 0.5mm thick, so I might have to stack a couple of layers.

I can compare that with foil that is not in a loop and see if it's any better.
  • GreenLGreenL Posts: 3
    edited 2019-10-26 06:36
    It was nice to find, that somebody wants to repeat or reverse engineer my project. :cool:

The mathematical algorithms and their implementation are pretty complicated. It is not simple (almost impossible) to archive a desired precession in wide range of frequency and amplitude.

Instead of spending man-years, I would recommend to buy my well debugged device.

Cheers
  • GreenLGreenL Posts: 3
    edited 2018-03-08 08:13
    I added short demo videos how Green Light Trigger activates the road sensor and opens a parking gate.
    GLT works at height of about 1 meter, and in both horizontal and vertical orientation.

• Hi @GreenL

Is your project OpenSource using the Parallax Propeller ?

We could showcase your design in the customer projects section !

BTW... The forum rules don't allow advertising, but if you are using Parallax parts and ready to share the schematic and code, then your project can be shared here.
  • VonSzarvas wrote: »
    Hi @GreenL
    Is your project OpenSource using the Parallax Propeller ?
    No, it is my proprietary design, and never been Open Source.
    I posted here in response to @xanadu who mentioned one of my previous devices. Do not looking to advertise here.
  • Whoops.