Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
flexspin compiler for P2: Assembly, Spin, BASIC, and C in one compiler - Page 120 — Parallax Forums

flexspin compiler for P2: Assembly, Spin, BASIC, and C in one compiler

1114115116117118120»

Comments

• con

rh_header_s(byte length, ...
                    byte dest, ...
                    byte src, ...
                    byte flags )

control_s(  byte type, ...
                    byte class, ...
                    byte cmd )

msgq_s( rh_header_s header, ...
                control_s   ctrl, ...
                byte        payload[32-4-3], ...
                byte        slot_in_use )

obj

ser:    "spin/SmartSerial"

dat

name    byte    "Testing testing 1 2 3", 0

pub main() | msgq_s test1, b

ser.startx(63, 62, 0, 2_000_000)

test1.header.length :=  6+strsize(@name)
        test1.header.dest :=    $04
        test1.header.src :=     $01
        test1.header.flags :=   0
        test1.ctrl.type :=      8
        test1.ctrl.class :=     $de
        test1.ctrl.cmd :=       $ad

' fill payload array: method 1
        bytemove(@test1.payload, @name, strsize(@name) <# 25)

' fill payload array: method 2
    '    repeat b from 0 to strsize(@name)-1
    '        test1.payload[b] := byte[@name][b]

' hexdump of structure memory
        repeat b from 0 to 7+strsize(@name)-1
            ser.hex(byte[@test1+b], 2)
            ser.tx(" ")
    ' results in 1B 04 01 00 08 DE AD >20< 54 65 73 74 69 6E 67 20 74 65 73 74 69 6E 67 20 31 20 32 20 33
    ' the byte surrounded by > < is extra, and may change

' here's the code that _would_ appear afterwards:
    ' radio.tx_payload(@test1, 7+strsize(@name) ) ' this would just copy the data in the test1 structure to the packet radio's FIFO, to be transmitted

Hi Eric, Ada,

In the above snippet (distilled down from a project I'm working on that sends packets over wireless links using nRF24L01+ or other similar chips), I'm filling a structure with data (well, manually populating each member here, anyway) but am having an issue when sending this structure as a packet of data.
    In my original code I was sending the structure with a string copied to the payload array member, which mostly worked, but the last character of the payload was always getting cut off on the other end. Eventually I traced it to the transmitter, before it reached the radio. In memory, it looks like there's an unexpected gap between the ctrl.cmd member and the payload member array (shown in the above with the hexdump). It seems like this might be related to long-alignment, since the gap disappears if I add another member to the control_s structure. Can you confirm this is expected? If it is, do you have any advice on ways to write the closest equivalent of the above (pretending the last line with tx_payload() that's commented out actually does something)?

Also, is a call to bytemove the recommended way to copy one structure to another right now? In this application, there's a function that queues messages to be sent by copying them into an available slot - it takes a pointer to a structure as the param, then copies it with bytemove to the queue. This seems to work fine.
    BTW this is with both P2 bytecode (Nu) and PASM2.

Thanks!

• ersmithersmith Posts: 6,014

@avsa242 Unfortunately as it stands now structs are always padded out to longword boundaries. That means you'll get a byte inserted at the end of your control_s structure. I don't know if this is a conflict with PNut or not. Chip is still revising structures, so we'll have to see how that settles down.

In the meantime, for transmissions or other things where the in-memory format has to match exactly you'll have to use arrays, or else manually transmit any shorter structs.

For copying structures, I think the new COPY method is currently the way to do this, but again, the struct stuff seems still to be churning and this may get replaced by an operator. BYTEMOVE should always work though.

• Gotcha, thanks!

• I am having an issue adding libraries. Attempting to add the simpleide libraries because when I open up the examples I see
    that the icon for flexprop is there. Assumption that flexprop will run these. Am I missing something.
    Thanks in advance
    Martin

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,585

@pilot0315 said:
    I am having an issue adding libraries. Attempting to add the simpleide libraries because when I open up the examples I see that the icon for flexprop is there. Assumption that flexprop will run these. Am I missing something.

Spin code is generally compatible. What problem is occurring?

Got a question myself ... I'm trying to use unsupported instructions, namely CALL, by handcrafting them. Anyone know a way to specify a PC relative offset in inline Pasm2, within FlexC?

I currently have this:

long    0x3db00000 | 9    // IF_NC CALL #crc_check

but would like to replace the fixed 9 with a compiler calculated offset based on the crc_check label that is ten longwords later.

@pilot0315 said:
    I am having an issue adding libraries. Attempting to add the simpleide libraries because when I open up the examples I see
    that the icon for flexprop is there. Assumption that flexprop will run these. Am I missing something.
    Thanks in advance
    Martin

What do you mean by "adding libraries"? Flexprop doesn't really have anything for libraries, at least not like simpleide does, and it certainly won't be able to use the simpleide libraries.

@evanh said:
    Got a question myself ... I'm trying to use unsupported instructions, namely CALL, by handcrafting them. Anyone know a way to specify a PC relative offset in inline Pasm2, within FlexC?

I currently have this:

long    0x3db00000 | 9    // IF_NC CALL #crc_check

but would like to replace the fixed 9 with a compiler calculated offset based on the crc_check label that is ten longwords later.

You can write CALL in inline assembly, the reason the documentation say it's "unsupported" is that trying to call functions outside of the inline assembly is undefined. But if you only call things within the same block I think it should work.

edited 2024-09-26 01:27

Huh, typical, I never tried ...

Yep, works just fine. :) I've hand coded the RET instruction, ie: long 0xfd64002d, because I know that would be replaced with a JMP if I used the RET mnemonic.

• @ersmith

Since there is not an actual list that I can find that tells me what is each of the files that are accessable under "include", I assume that they are libraries because they start with
    "lib" and I am having issues with the simpleide, I wanted to port over all of my code. First of all I am interested in the counters.
    Having opened up each of them I may have missed it.
    Is there a list of what is in each one so as to make it easier to navigate.?

Thanks.
    Also I am getting used to your gui. Pretty good. I like it so far much easier to navigate.
    Thanks
    Martin

@pilot0315 There's no need to do anything to add any of the "libraries" or include files under the "include" directory, all of those are automatically accessible by FlexProp. There isn't much documentation about the libraries, I'm afraid, other than what's available under the Help menu item. The BASIC language is the best documented; for Spin2 and C we rely more on Parallax's documentation.