Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
$13.50 Drone... Free Ship - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

$13.50 Drone... Free Ship

Comments

• I got my H20 hexcopter and got some time flying it. It is a bit touchy but once you get up above the ground effect it gets pretty stable. Good thing I ordered a second battery, it uses the charge up fast!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Was that the $10 deal from Ebay? Still waiting on mine. Duane?
  • Nope. That deal was done. Got this from the Banggood link.
  • erco wrote: »
    Duane?

Not yet.

Duane Degn wrote: »
    erco wrote: »
    Duane?

Not yet.

My Spider Sense is tingling.

My Spider Sense is tingling.

I'll bet you ten bucks it doesn't arrive today.

Let's make it fifty, sucker!
    edited 2016-09-09 15:58
    $10 (+free ship) mini drone with camera, today may be the last day of Banggood's "sale" if their email barrage is accurate. Not FPV cam AFAIK.

http://www.banggood.com/Global-Drone-GW009C-With-Camera-2_4G-4CH-6Axis-3D-Rolling-Nano-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1028956.html

Edit: don't EVEN look at their $10 and under sale page, or you're a dead man person (WRT Amanda & Holly).

Looks to be in a nice gift box, if you're shopping for stocking stuffers already. But don't let this happen to you and your kin on Christmas day...

today may be the last day of Banggood's "sale" if their email barrage is accurate.

I just spent a lot of money "saving money."

Here are a two of my favorites.

banggood.com/Cheerson-CX-30S-FPV-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-With-Monitor-p-956609.html

$26 FPV Quadcopter with both video transmitter and receiver/screen. (How is this possible?)

BanggoodFpvQuad26Dollars.PNG

$6 NTSC Mini Camera

BanggoodCamera6Dollars.PNG
    633 x 642 - 341K
    246 x 252 - 119K
  • Duane Degn wrote: »
    (How is this possible?)
    Way too tempting. Had to find out.

Dog drat you, I had missed that $26 FPV drone but I had to order two. Can't let you have ALL the fun!

So my "savings" post backfired. Somehow you tricked me into placing another order and spending more.

All my hard earned cash "down da Duane"!

Dog drat you, I had missed that $26 FPV drone but I had to order two. Can't let you have ALL the fun!

They're now $23.

I purchased three more for Christmas presents (at wife's insistence).

• I added one of these to my order.

I was sitting in my cart from a while back but now it's on sale for $10.

I'm hoping it's an easy way to make a remote controlled outlet.
    Duane Degn wrote: »

They're now $23.

And now they're $110. Crazy day. You snooze, you lose!

• The first of my many Banggood purchases arrived today.

The $26 FPV quad seems to work just fine. The camera will both transmit and record to SD (it even came with a 2GB card).

I haven't figured out which buttons on the remote control the camera but the quad appears to fly reasonably well.
  • I'm very impressed with how good the video looks from the $26 Cheerson CX-30S.

I took some very boring video looking at our roof. In hindsight I wish I thought to fly in a more interesting location. Even though the video is painfully boring, I still think it does a reasonable job of showing how well the camera works.

I'm presently uploading the video to YouTube. It looks like the video will take about two hours to upload. I'm going to make the video "unlisted" but I'll add a link here once it's finished uploading.

I could see the video monitor relatively well while standing in the shade but I don't trust myself to fly the quad in FPV mode.

I'm amazed how well this little $26/$23 quad works. I just checked, and these are currently out of stock at Banggood.

This one quadcopter is still the only item (of many purchased) I've received.

Has anyone else received their goodies yet?
  • Greatly encouraged by your report! I'm still waiting on the Cheerson CX-30S - the shipping notice was sent six days ago, so it could conceivably arrive tomorrow.
  • I was trying to see if I could use the recorded video to inspect areas of our home which need a bit of maintenance.

I'll try to find something a bit more interesting to record tomorrow.

Nice video! You're not looking at the FPV screen. Why...habit, sunlight/brightness, or screen size?
  • Duane, That looks like a great way to apply wasp and hornet spray. If you can get erco to lend you his design, minus the igniter.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Nice video. Looks like you need to do a little work on the eavestroughs and fascia boards.
    Nice video! You're not looking at the FPV screen. Why...habit, sunlight/brightness, or screen size?

One reason. Skill.
    I tried flying FPV and failed miserably. I could actually see the screen reasonably well. It's just really hard to switch from flying from the outside to flying FPV.

I have a flight simulator which allows both sorts of controls. I can fly airplanes okay using FPV but not helicopters (my sim doesn't include quadcopters). I'll need to go to an area with more space to practice FPV with this quad.
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    Duane, That looks like a great way to apply wasp and hornet spray. If you can get erco to lend you his design, minus the igniter.

I'll need to use one of my larger 'copters if I want to carry a payload. I think it would be cool to add a way to pick apples to one of the 'copters.
    kwinn wrote: »
    Nice video. Looks like you need to do a little work on the eavestroughs and fascia boards.

Is the grey wood hanging out of place at 1:24 part of the fascia or does it have another name? I'm trying to figure out what sort of wood is used. This trim wood is unpainted. It seems like a strange construction technique to me. It sure seems like this wood is vulnerable to the weather.

I had to look up the term "eavestroughs". I've always heard them called "rain gutters". I initially taught there was a problem with the gutters but as the camera got closer, I could see the missing area is near the ridge of the lower roof. This looks intentional. I'm starting to paint the house today but I thought the gutters were okay.

Is the grey wood hanging out of place at 1:24 part of the fascia or does it have another name? I'm trying to figure out what sort of wood is used. This trim wood is unpainted. It seems like a strange construction technique to me. It sure seems like this wood is vulnerable to the weather.

I had to look up the term "eavestroughs". I've always heard them called "rain gutters". I initially taught there was a problem with the gutters but as the camera got closer, I could see the missing area is near the ridge of the lower roof. This looks intentional. I'm starting to paint the house today but I thought the gutters were okay.

Eavestroughs is an old term for gutters. What it looks like that's sticking out is your drip edge, which should be around the edge of the whole roof, there to help channel water away from getting under the shingles.
    I'll need to use one of my larger 'copters if I want to carry a payload. I think it would be cool to add a way to pick apples to one of the 'copters.

Apple-picking robots are a hot commodity. My first ever job was at an orchard, but I lost it to imported labor. So, robotic revenge would be bittersweet.
  • hatallica wrote: »
    Apple-picking robots are a hot commodity. My first ever job was at an orchard, but I lost it to imported labor. So, robotic revenge would be bittersweet.

That's a cool robot. I don't think I could carry that on a quadcopter or a hexacopter.

Last year I used a plastic claw on the end of a long pole to pick apples.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=64.0;attach=199;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=64.0;attach=193;image

It worked great but I still think it would be cool to rig up a robotic contraption to pick the apples.

We don't have any apples on the tree this year.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Hi Duane,
    I guess this is what is meant by "separated by a common language. Yes, "eavestroughs" is what we call "rain gutters" in this part of the country. Looked like some of the gutters might be rusting but it could also be wind blown dirt and grime.

The the grey wood hanging out of place at 1:24 is part of the fascia, and there is usually an "L" shaped strip of aluminum that goes under the shingles, hangs down over the fascia, and is bent out at the bottom to direct rain away from the fascia boards. Keeping all those areas in good shape keeps the water out of the house. I can dig up some drawings and pictures if you want, but you can also find the info on the web.
  • The deer get the apples this year, to small for anything else. Here is one of the better cross sections of roof detail that I found on the net. Can't tell on my small screen but, you may be missing the drip edge completely. It is supposed to be under the shingles and over the felt paper and roof sheething.
    2098 x 1884 - 248K
    Just got back from a camping trip and found a big package marked "Quadcopter", so I guess my Banggood stuff is here. So many toys, so little time!
    Apple picking: the world's oldest profession!
    edited 2016-09-20 18:09
    The little CX-30S flies OK. A few notes:

1) Too much deadband in the pitch/yaw joystick in all rates. You have to push the stick a ways from center before anything happens. Hopefully I'll get used to it since I haven't found a way to change it.

2) It flies much better without the camera, sadly. Its weight (9.8g) bogs down performance noticeably.

3) The little red rubber feet come off and get lost too easily. Definitely superglue those on before flight.

4) LiPo battery door detaches completely when it swings open. That will get lost in a heartbeat, but it's not really needed as long as the battery doesn't move and shift the CG. My battery presses in fairly tightly. But then again, there is a lot of vibration... I just cut a slot in each side of the door for the wires to run through so they hang out in the breeze during flight. Just leave the door closed all the time, no need to open the door to connect or charge the battery.

Enough griping, this was an outrageous value for $26. Thanks for pointing it out, Mr. Heat Miser (Duane)! I got two, one might get hacked into a ground vehicle. I had a vision of a large but hyperlight ATV outdoor FPV/GPS rover while camping over the weekend. Maybe Robomagellan 2017?