Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
First new post? — Parallax Forums

First new post?

Hmmm, seems to be working.

Comments

• Agreed!  
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Congrats Parallax! Looks snazzy, it will take a while to get used to the new look!
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    New post...
  • Hooray !

Gonna take some getting used to the new format.... Incentive to visit more often I suppose!!

Congrats Parallax IT ! You beat the previous forum changeover record by 48 hours !!! :-)

Phew !

How come @xanadu's and @erco's avatars didn't make the transition, but mine and @Sapphire's did?
  • The new site is up - it does look different.  We were able to migrate everything except some custom avatars. If your avatar is missing, please open your profile and add it back. I will continue to monitor the site. Please report anything odd, broken or is making creaky noises...
  • Signature perms don't seem to like me.
  • Looks like the signature editor was turned off. Let's see if it will adjust your access without needing to logout and login again. 
    My profile picture was pulled in because of the forum's integration with Gravatar. When I changed my email address it lost the avatar until I went to Gravatar and added a new email.
    Is there a way to add new personal skins to the forum? I'd like to play around with a better post layout so that conversations are clearer.
  • Is there a way to jump to the last post in a thread? When I look at all the "latest" threads, I can only see to jump in to a page number, not the last post......
  • Looks like the signature editor was turned off. Let's see if it will adjust your access without needing to logout and login again. 

Works.
    Is there a way to jump to the last post in a thread? When I look at all the "latest" threads, I can only see to jump in to a page number, not the last post......
    Just click on the thread and it will jump you to the first new post for you. If it's the first time that you've seen the thread, it will go to the first post. If you're returning to the thread it will go to a newer post.
  • Is there a way to jump to the last post in a thread? When I look at all the "latest" threads, I can only see to jump in to a page number, not the last post......
    Just click on the thread and it will jump you to the first new post for you. If it's the first time that you've seen the thread, it will go to the first post. If you're returning to the thread it will go to a newer post.

A nice feature, for sure.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    Is there a way to jump to the last post in a thread? When I look at all the "latest" threads, I can only see to jump in to a page number, not the last post......

That seems erratic.I can see a #latest tag, but it does not always jump where expected ?
    eg I click on http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161157/how-to-mix-2-composite-video-signals-onto-tv-screen#latest
    and it shows the top-post only, but if I go to browser line and then hit <cr> then it seems to apply the #latest ?Latency issues ?Hmmm, also triedhttp://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161328/who-last-post-in-this-old-forum#latest
    and that never finds the last post.Looks like #latest is flakey ?
  • Thanks guys... Seems erratic for me also though.

Maybe a cookie thing, or a browser things, or a login thing....

Will experiment a bit more tomorrow. Just now, I'm more often getting the first post, rather than the last (or latest) post.

• Ah, one of the discussion threads said "1 new", so I clicked that one, and indeed was taken to the last/lastest post.

And now, when clicking back on other threads, I'm also seemingly going to the last.

Spooky !

• I can't figure out how to fix my signature. It's shows correctly in the signature editor, but as raw HTML in a forum thread :(
    Your last post didn't transition from the old forums, so the first time you click on a thread it will always be as if you visited for the first time.