Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax's Chris and Wendy Savage - an important call to our customers for assistance - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Parallax's Chris and Wendy Savage - an important call to our customers for assistance

Comments

• SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 221
    edited 2015-05-06 16:45
    Just wanted to post an update and say that Wendy put up a new entry: http://www.savagecircuits.com/content.php?240-A-Crossroads

As they say, when it rains, it pours...She had some issues posting her last update resulting in it being late, as was this one. The reason, which we finally realized, was that our web host had made some changes to the server. In this case updating the PHP. Since we're not notified of changes like this we never know to start looking for problems. As happened to Savage///Circuits before these changes started slowly corrupted posts and articles in the database. As per Wendy's latest post, her information, including all previous posts will be moved over to a WordPress blog on her own domain since the intent of her posts was to eventually become a memorial. Our current host won't work with us, so we're forced to have to manually move every post to the new blog. I hope to have this done before the end of this coming weekend. I will be starting with the oldest posts first and working my way up. So you may notice the oldest posts disappearing while I work on this. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause anyone.
  • Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2015-05-11 08:16
    Let's all do what we can to give this thread the best exposure here, and to keep Wendy, Chris, and the Savage family at the top of our thoughts, prayers and support!

Remember, we have the moderators blessing to bump this particular thread...
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-05-11 08:49
    Tim-M wrote: »
    Let's all do what we can to give this thread the best exposure here, and to keep Wendy, Chris, and the Savage family at the top of our thoughts, prayers and support!

Remember, we have the moderators blessing to bump this particular thread...

Amen!
    edited 2015-05-14 14:24
    This thread and cause deserves top billing, so it's... Bump, back to the top!
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-05-18 12:28
    Hey everyone, I forgot to post over the weekend...Wendy's page is at her new site, here: http://www.wendyjosavage.com/

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-05-18 13:38
    Take care, enjoy life.
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,977
    edited 2015-05-18 16:35
    Hey everyone, I forgot to post over the weekend...Wendy's page is at her new site, here: http://www.wendyjosavage.com/

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible.

Not to worry Chris, The penalties for one day are not as severe as say two or three......
  • Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2015-06-01 08:39
    Bumping this thread back up.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-06-01 09:00
    Bumping this thread back up.

Good call Courtney!
    edited 2015-06-01 18:48
    And don't' forget to go and visit HER VERY OWN web page. !!!!
    edited 2015-06-12 12:15
    Just a a thought to say "Hey y'all"..............

(and bump up the thread)
    edited 2015-06-12 12:44
    Frank,

Thanks! Wendy has an appointment coming up to have a CT Scan and bloodwork done. Hopefully within a few days we'll have some results and can see what's happening. When we know she will follow up on her blog: http://www.wendyjosavage.com/
    edited 2015-06-19 12:52
    By special permission... a bump back to the top!
  • SavageCircuitsSavageCircuits Posts: 221
    edited 2015-06-20 13:50
    New post by Wendy. Thanks everyone! http://www.wendyjosavage.com/?p=404
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-06-20 14:44
    New post by Wendy. Thanks everyone! http://www.wendyjosavage.com/?p=404

Chris, So very sorry to hear of Wendy's pain and discomfort. It's wonderful that she's been able to post on her blog, and I'm sure her experience will be of help to others who may come upon it in the future.

Not medical advice, to be sure, but I wouldn't put too much credence in the wording of these clinical lab reports. The hospital's aim at this point is to demonstrate a return of the cancer and symptoms. Phrases like "There is redemonstration of mildly enlarged lymph nodes ... the size of the lymph nodes has mildly diminished" do make sense. It's saying the lymph nodes are once again enlarged beyond normal, but at this point they are smaller than at the previous scan.

The first CT scans set a baseline, and they may not have been as thoroughly narrated by the pathologist. I'm sure you can understand now that Wendy is foregoing active treatment, the hospital needs to be more complete in documenting everything, including being more precise in the narrative. So differences in the diagnosis from scan-to-scan are more likely to be written down now, rather than merely observed in previous scans.

Again, please pass along thanks to Wendy for sharing her experiences. I know it's been difficult for her, but I also know there are many people who have been following this.
    edited 2015-06-22 10:50
    Gordon,

I have passed along your message to Wendy. She has been having some vision problems for a while that I was sure were related to eyestrain and her glasses. But she got new ones and the vision issues persist and are in fact more frequent and varied. So much of what is posted I read to her. It takes her a considerable time to post or reply to anything. At this point I am approving replies (except the hundreds of spam replies) and reading those replies to her and then when she's up to it she posts a reply on her blog. I figured since this blog doesn't require anyone to sign up (like the one on my website did) that more people would post there, but it's about the same I guess.

I encourage anyone who wants to say anything to her to post a reply on her blog. You don't need an account to reply. But this way she gets everything in one place. She used to be quite the online surfer, but not so much any more.
  • Back to the front for this one........
  • Hey everybody, 
    We could use another fund collection about now. While it doesn't change the situation, it'll certainly help reduce the number of challenges ahead for Chris and Wendy. 
    I'll give my Twitter account and a few other leads a visit for some addition support, too. 
    Thanks, 
    Ken Gracey 
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2015-06-30 15:00
    FYI ....

Here is a link to Wendy's Blog:

Wendy Jo's Life
    edited 2015-07-01 20:19
    Yesterday was actually our 14th wedding anniversary. Wendy posted a blog entry but it didn't get published until now (she hit the save draft button instead of publish). Oops! http://www.wendyjosavage.com/?p=421
  • Just sent a message to Wendy's blog. Hope you guys had a good trip.
    Jim
    Jim,
    She saw your comment. She wasn't able to really enjoy the trip except to see Joe again. She slept most of the rest of it. But it was very important to see him again considering we don't know what time is left.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Chris: Continued God's blessings and peace for you and Wendy during these difficult days. All this new forum squabbling is petty in comparison. Wishing that you have many memorable and quality weeks together ahead.
    Chris: Continued God's blessings and peace for you and Wendy during these difficult days. All this new forum squabbling is petty in comparison. Wishing that you have many memorable and quality weeks together ahead.

erco,
    Thanks. Feel free to post a comment to Wendy on her blog. I'm sure she'd appreciate it since she doesn't read the Parallax forums.  :thumb:
  • This may be an unusual request, but can this thread be made "sticky" or whateer the term is so that it does not have to keep being bumped up? Especially given the amount of "new" traffic in the general forum?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Sorry to read that latest news, Chris. I posted on Wendy's site. God bless.
  • frank,

That is a great idea.  I will move this post to a top position in the General forum.

• frank,

That is a great idea.  I will move this post to a top position in the General forum.

Excellent move Courtney!
  • Sounds like Wendy's journey is getting much harder. Probably a good time to fill her web page with comments to help her feel better as the days get harder........  Yeah, it's tough to do, but worth it to put a little cheer in someone's day that probably can use some......