Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NonaProp, Inspired by TetraProp - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

NonaProp, Inspired by TetraProp

2»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    edited 2014-12-19 16:33
    My RamBlades are on a 10 up panel although I mostly break them apart and build small lots to order. They are v-grooved.

Duane,
    Get a cheap stencil from https://www.oshstencils.com/
    This will apply the correct solder paste. Just use an old credit card to apply the paste.

BTW All those boards with props look great. Perhaps we should start a thread with pics of all the prop boards made, particularly those made multiple up.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2014-12-19 16:39
    Duane Degn wrote: »

That should work as long as you have an accurate guide for the router.
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
    edited 2015-01-06 20:12
    The soldering process has greatly improved on your boards since the first post.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rockwell-BladeRunner-X2-Portable-Tabletop-Saw-RK7323/205611390

I use this saw dedicated to cutting up panels. Leave a .05" space between all boards on the 12"x14" panels, then rip them on this saw very quickly. I flood the saw blade, table top and pcb with water while cutting so there is no dust produced into the air. All the material cut with the blade falls down to the bottom and onto the table and dries in a paste, and it does not easily become airborne later and it is easily wiped up with water. This keeps the shop clean and I do not have to wear a mask while cutting. I also have a dedicated cheap belt sander to clean up the edges. I keep the belt sander inside a plastic storage container, and keep the belt and boards well flooded while sanding the boards so there are no airborne particles. All the dust accumulates on the sides and bottom of the plastic container. This system is very fast for cutting up panels. Once you touch the edges on the sander, they look just as nice as if they were routed. Cutting with a router and scoring/breaking was always a hassle in my experience.