Just ordered a BE Micro CV for $60, delivered - Page 6 — Parallax Forums

Just ordered a BE Micro CV for $60, delivered

12346»

Comments

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,516
    edited 2014-10-28 15:22
    nglordi wrote: »
    steddyman:

The blue base is a plastic platform made by Propellerpwered to support the Quickstart.

Nick
    I have several of those blue plastic platforms. They are very simple but also very useful!
  • steddymansteddyman Posts: 91
    edited 2014-10-28 15:41
    Thanks. Do you mean Jeff's Micromite site?

I can see nothing of those platforms on that site, only the experimenters board and the uMite.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-10-28 16:45
    Yes, that would be the place.

He may not have them anymore, they were quite popular. It seems if you have one, you probably have several. :0)
  • Kerry SKerry S Posts: 163
    edited 2014-10-29 05:41
    mindrobots wrote: »
    Yes, that would be the place.

He may not have them anymore, they were quite popular. It seems if you have one, you probably have several. :0)

From the picture that looks like a simple laser cut acrylic part. My wife sells laser cut wood and acrylic on Etsy. If anyone needs something like that, and have a drawing for it, I can set you up. I do custom stuff for her crafting customers all the time.
  • porcupineporcupine Posts: 80
    edited 2014-12-26 15:05
    So I've finally gotten around to playing with my BeMicro CV again and I'm having no luck with it. I am wondering if my board is fault. Wondering if anybody else is running into the problem I'm having.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, which immediately led to USB device permissions issues, and I resolved them by adding some new udev rules based on instructions here: http://www.fpga-dev.com/altera-usb-blaster-with-ubuntu/

However when I run jtagd & jtagconfig, no matter as what user, it pauses for a long time and then fails with

"1) USB-Blaster [2-1.4.3]
    Unable to read device chain - Hardware not attached"

When I start reading up on this message around the net it seems like people are blaming it on faulty or bad usbblaster hardware. This is not encouraging. I don't see any mention of it in regards to the BeMicro, or to Linux/Ubuntu use in particular.

The BeMicro is plugged in, has power, and shows on my USB chain. jtagd seems to "know" about it, but jtagconfig fails as above, and when I actually try to program it I get errors like

"Error (209037): JTAG Server can't access selected programming hardware"

Very frustrating.
  • porcupineporcupine Posts: 80
    edited 2015-01-22 16:20
    So it looks like mine shipped with a missing jumper. My coworker bought the same board and his had similar problems until I fiddled with the jumper that was on his board but was missing on mine. His works, and when I borrow his jumper mine works. They're both programmed with the P1V core now :-)