Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz Transceiver - a pretty cost effective solution — Parallax Forums

nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz Transceiver - a pretty cost effective solution

GarethGareth Posts: 278
edited 2013-02-10 08:53 in Accessories
I am in the need of multiple RF units (circa 6) to interact with each other...
(1) Simple 433Mhz RF-link units are too simple and slow.
(2) xBees are too expensive (for 6 units), although they are rock steady.
(3) Blue tooth has a mind of its own...
Then.......
After reading Duanes nRF24L01 posting i think i have found my comfortable (4th) solution, using these really cost effective (ebay 10 units for £8 delivered) 2.4Ghz Transceivers.

Using the code from Duanes post, i am slowly beginning to strip down and shoehorn my variables into the coding.
I am TX/RX_ing a payload of 20 Bytes at the moment although i think its possible to send 32 bytes (32 bytes have failed so far on my "+" version of the Nordic, not sure why yet)

Simple breadboard plug/socket makes life a tad easier
nrf24l01_nordicRXTX 006.jpg

It is possible to make a minimalistic kinda in-line version.
nrf24l01_nordicRXTX 007.jpg
640 x 480 - 159K
640 x 480 - 154K

Comments

• rwgast_logicdesignrwgast_logicdesign Posts: 1,464
    edited 2013-02-09 14:40
    Gareth I just ordered 4 trancievers that look exactly like the on in your video, there was no pinout on the sellers site or any of the the sellers sites I viewed do you know where I can find one?

Second, what kind of propeller board is that? Looks pretty nice, dont recognize it though, paused the video to examine it, is it a micronaughts?
  • GarethGareth Posts: 278
    edited 2013-02-10 08:53
    no pinout on the sellers site
    Thats funny because i had exact same shock - no pin-out and the bits in my hand.......here is the one i worked off :-
    nrf24l01.jpg

This is looking down at the component side.

I just posted a couple of plug rigs above to make life easier whilst testing....
    what kind of propeller board is that?
    The large one is an EasyProp board (its a bit OTT however it has everything i could ask for development)
    The Small one is an MDA board.
    524 x 259 - 188K