Operation sub $20 Robot platform inc processor - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Operation sub $20 Robot platform inc processor

2»

Comments

• GarethGareth Posts: 278
    edited 2012-12-13 15:10
    I had to try :-
    stepper_omni.JPG

Yes it works..... however not recommended...
    512 x 384 - 163K
  • bose86bose86 Posts: 2
    edited 2014-08-19 09:21
    Gareth wrote: »
    The Making of a Robot including Mcu for less than $20
    StepperBase1024__024.jpg

This project was devised to show how easily it is to make a robot on limited funds.
    It is a good "Starting Off" Robotic base as it can be easily changed and transformed.

Hello Gareth
    can you please tell me name of the plastic gear you used with the 28BYJ-48.
    i am completely new and i have this 28BYJ motor but i cant find a plastic gear to fit into it.
    i saw in the video that how easily you attached the gear to the motor shaft, please tell me how can i find it.
    please see the picture below for more clarification.

StepperBase1024__024.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 667K
  • AV_TechAV_Tech Posts: 24
    edited 2014-08-23 12:23
    Hello Gareth.

Nice project. I have a question about the floor with you lid-up with your UV-led. What kind of material is it.
    And where to buy. Last year I have also build a cheap robot. It is nice to build a prodject from scratch with limited money.
    https://sites.google.com/site/bpluswestland/newbrain-bot/robot-s/octabot (sorry for the Dutch tekst)

Greeting's Abraham
  • GarethGareth Posts: 278
    edited 2014-08-25 01:39
    Hi Abraham,
    The sheet I am using is :- search string "Glow vinyl photo phosphorescent"
    There are two types expensive and cheap
    The expensive ones are made from Vinyl with sticky backing and normally have a high concentration of Glow particles (they are like tiny crystals), meaning that initial blast of UV gives bright effect and after glow lasts looooong time. ( 2 to 4 hours)
    Cheaper versions are painted glow particles onto paper (real cheap) or see_through film (slightly better) .. Green/yellow is best (trust me on this on) .... although they have a bright initial blast they have a very very short after glow life (1 to 5 minutes). (I found this type useful when I was experimenting, as I did not have to wait 1-2 hours for the vinyl type to un_glow).

There would be another alternative......If you have access to a 3D printer then you can buy Glow filament and create your own flat sheets to any thickness you want. I have not tried this method yet (on todo list).
    Regards Gareth