Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cheapest Possible Robot? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Cheapest Possible Robot?

2»

Comments

• jdoleckijdolecki Posts: 726
    edited 2012-10-31 08:24
    Find a cheap toy you can hack apart. ( the kids will like taking stuff apart.)

Add a small breadboard

Add a BS chip

simple robot

low cost
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2012-10-31 10:53
    Martin_H wrote: »
    prof_braino, I was looking at your Little Robot page on Google and noticed that you a using the bluetooth transceiver with PropForth. I'm curious did you find the correct AT command to reset the baud rate to be compatible with PropForth on pins 30 and 31? If so it might be worth adding it to that page.

Sal made a script that sends text commands according to the data sheet, and it just works, so anybody can do it. that being said, i do plan to put the full source up once we get the rease packaged up. i'll if i can put up the draft tonight.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2012-10-31 11:02
    jdolecki wrote: »
    Find a cheap toy you can hack apart. ( the kids will like taking stuff apart.)
    Add a small breadboard
    Add a BS chip
    simple robot
    low cost

our goal is to show beginners an easy way to do some advabce functions. for example, its difficult to maintain posiotion awareness with dc motors, so we are starting with stepper motors. the ones chosen are very cheap and surprising ly easy to use with the prop.

also, the rangefinder goes very nicely with the prop. i imagine one could also get it to work with th stamps, but they are so slow it might make measurement difficult in the required time window.

lastly, i don't know about the BT cable replacement and a stamp. these are ano-brainer on the prop.

the most important thing is we have this stuff on hand. ideally kids could adapt the design for what available, but so time being this is our optimum choice