Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Article: Parallax Propeller on DEF CON 20 Badge Start Here! - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

Article: Parallax Propeller on DEF CON 20 Badge Start Here!

124»

Comments

• MattmanMattman Posts: 1
    edited 2012-08-15 14:31
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just spoke to Jeff Moss (Dark Tangent) and he tells me they have over a thousand badges left over which will be for sale at $40 each in the next couple of days. I'll post the link here so our customers can also buy them.

And I'm really close to posting the source code. Sorry this took so long - this code was developed by JonnyMac and under the control of Lost boY so I have to respect the wishes of these two friends and customers of ours. It's just a matter of making contact with Lost at this stage.

- Ken

The Top Spin files have been posted on http://lostboy.net/defcon-20-badge

Thanks for the Great Product!

I am now in the process of testing this great processor for my current projects! :cool:

Thanks
    Matt
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2012-08-17 09:57
    Thanks for posting, Matt!

I've also added the firmare to the first post of this thread.

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2012-08-17 10:49
    Thanks for posting, Matt!

I've also added the firmare to the first post of this thread.

Cheers,
    Jessica

Can someone convert to ZIP? I don't do RAR.

Jim
  • cavehamstercavehamster Posts: 5
    edited 2012-08-21 20:48
    The actual firmware as shipped at defcon is different than the source code posted. There are several strings that are different or not present in the source that are in the EEPROM dump of the con badge.
  • ianzdianzd Posts: 1
    edited 2012-08-21 21:59
    Hi Ken, I'd like to build a board that interfaces with the badge's gpio pins. Would it be possible to get the drill file used to make the badges? Thanks!
  • mstcmstc Posts: 4
    edited 2012-08-22 21:53
    The actual firmware as shipped at defcon is different than the source code posted. There are several strings that are different or not present in the source that are in the EEPROM dump of the con badge.

The LOST badge and all references to it are missing.
  • wishbonewishbone Posts: 2
    edited 2012-08-28 22:07
    mstc wrote: »
    The LOST badge and all references to it are missing.

I also noticed this.. Anyway for those that were waiting you can now buy the badges online:
    http://hackerstickers.com/product/hardware-dc20-humanbadge/
  • softconsoftcon Posts: 215
    edited 2012-09-12 10:34
    I already ordered one of these badges about a week ago from the above link to hackers stickers. Also, parallax had said all orders last week would include one, so I should have two of these badges. Unfortunately, neither one has arrived yet, so I'm still waiting anxiously for either one or both to show, though my parallax order did show up, no badge was included. :)
    I will enjoy hacking these, since it sounds like a lot of fun. I'll need to get someone else to attach the ps2/vga adapters for me, but the rest should be loads of fun.
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2012-09-12 13:16
    softcon wrote: »
    Also, parallax had said all orders last week would include one, so I should have two of these badges.
    Really? Where did you see them say all orders would include a DefCon badge? I placed an order last week. It sure would be nice to get a badge with it. :-)
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2012-09-12 13:32
    Confusion with the S2 Robot Badge soldering kit I think.
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2012-09-12 13:34
    RDL2004 wrote: »
    Confusion with the S2 Robot Badge soldering kit I think.
    Well, that's cool too! I figured a free DefCon badge was too good to be true. Besides, Parallax isn't even selling the DefCon badge.
  • softconsoftcon Posts: 215
    edited 2012-09-12 22:35
    Ah yes, that was it. Sorry for the confusion. But, I'm still waiting for the one I ordered directly to come in anyway. :) Of course, they're probably swamped with orders, so I figure they'll get themselves dug out, and find mine sometime this month (or next) and I'm a patient person, so I'll just sit here and wait. ... ... ... (it's still not here) ... ... ... Is that enough waiting? :) Nah, seriously, I have no doubt they're swamped for orders, so I'm not worried, it'll show eventually. Should be loads of fun when it does.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2012-12-18 06:45
    Time for a new sticky, like the HTH contest. Time's a-wastin'!