Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Building my first Elev-8. Have a few questions... - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Building my first Elev-8. Have a few questions...

2»

Comments

• Nick ErnstNick Ernst Posts: 138
    edited 2012-05-29 11:52
    From what I have seen, I like to have both the board and the transmitter on at the same time, but the board disarmed of course! In the past, I have flown and then after I powered my quad off, I made a few tweaks on my controller for the next flight. When I would power my Quad back on, the motors would start alarming because a setting was not the same as it was when I powered off the Quad. Once I went into my transmitter and changed the value back to what it was previously, the motors stopped sounding their alarm, and I was good to fly. On the other hand, when I make changes with both units on, nothing ever comes of it, and everything works as it should!
  • noiseprofessornoiseprofessor Posts: 3
    edited 2012-06-02 18:25
    Not sure where to put this, so I thought I'd put it here. After talking with Nick, I created a little wiring diagram in an effort to visualize (and explain to others) how to wire up the motors. Perhaps it might be helpful to someone as they start their build. Rather than clot up the thread with a fat graphic, here's a link http://www.dolookdown.org/2012/05/31/diagrams-make-the-world-make-sense/
  • Maxx WattMaxx Watt Posts: 16
    edited 2012-12-17 13:06
    Not sure where to put this, so I thought I'd put it here. After talking with Nick, I created a little wiring diagram in an effort to visualize (and explain to others) how to wire up the motors. Perhaps it might be helpful to someone as they start their build. Rather than clot up the thread with a fat graphic, here's a link http://www.dolookdown.org/2012/05/31/diagrams-make-the-world-make-sense/
    Thanks for the diagram! Just started building and was looking for exactly what you made. The video for EC3 connectors was very helpful as well, I've never seen these types of connectors in my line of work so I was a bit perplexed on how to use them.