Erco's Figure Eight Challenge

Comments

• Martin_H wrote: »
    Cute, now put a go pro on it for a queazy POV video!

LOL

• This is what I want to show.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 11,060
    edited 2016-09-06 - 19:04:29
    Erco would be proud. The first NO servo Figure-8 (dog). Well done!

The others are ain't too shabby!
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,556
    AWESOME! Our first-ever Triple Play! Nicely done, SteffeD1 and Barkley! WOW, way to revive this thread.

Not sure if our rabbit, hamster or Stick bugs could manage a figure 8. But maybe Sticky could pilot a walker. Must try soon!

cricketsticky.jpg
    261 x 146 - 10K
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • SteffeD1 wrote: »
    This is what I want to show.

I wish I could see it, just white screen, could be reception.
    edited 2016-09-06 - 22:01:02
    Is this better?

• Publison wrote: »
    Is this better?

I can see it now, I still have to wait for better reception. :crazy:
  • Love it!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Just seen all three figure eight's, great job on the robots. Looks like a Bichon Frise, BOE-Bot and an Arlo type. We had a Bichon for many years, and they will surely follow the program for rewards.
    Less Arlo and more Stingray IMO.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-09-07 - 23:48:31
    erco wrote: »
    Less Arlo and more Stingray IMO.

Yes, and she mentioned in another thread that they are both Propeller Bots. Sorry my view is like 4.2 inch's wide.

EDIT: I have confused two of the members, I do remember earlier in the thread seeing a Propeller 40p DIP, not sure of the other.
  • That is Awesome!, That is Stingray all the way. And a Boe bot with attitude.. Great work!
    Where do you put the Batteries in that furry one?
    Welcome, Well done, and Thanks for sharing.

-Tommy
    >Wanders off muttering something about dinner plates and casters...<
    Very nice to hear Tommy weighing in, the Anti-Caster Master!

- Pablo Picasso
    "Flip" can now do line following. I had to see if there was enough contrast difference using a brown cardboard background and it worked just fine.

Tricycle-drive robot reads a simple 2-photocell sensor with an ADC to follow a figure 8 line inside a pizza box.

Flip's previous video had a better climax.

- Pablo Picasso
    edited 2016-09-15 - 17:29:03
    Someone had to do it. F8 with S3:

EDIT: And special thanks to Whit for helping me with the BlocklyProp programming!

Nice job, Jimmy got game! That S3 runs circles around round those Penguin bots! Which reminds me of...

Just wait until you guys see my 2-servo hexapod!

- Pablo Picasso
    edited 2016-09-15 - 20:18:21
    Nice job, Jimmy got game! That S3 runs circles around round those Penguin bots! Which reminds me of...

Just wait until you guys see my 2-servo hexapod!

Had not seen that one before. Have you posted it before? Nice job!

I see it's running the USB battery backpack. I got three of those at the Shack for $1.97. Still going strong.

I had about six of those backpacks, half still work. If the LiPo voltage gets too low (self discharge) they go bad. Keep 'em charged up! The first-ever powerbanks!

- Pablo Picasso

EDIT: And special thanks to Whit for helping me with the BlocklyProp programming!

Well done Publison!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Almost perfect eight's, if you had put a Sharpie in it, would make a great Christmas present, what wife wouldn't love a personalized one of a kind sheet set, internet proven and forum checked. Maybe there's a market for this item on eBay.
    Speaking of Christmas, a red S2/green S3 pair could team up to make a great 2016 Hack the Halls duet. Name the prize, Parallax, and we'll start hacking!

- Pablo Picasso
  • You guys get to have all the fun.
    I hope to join you when I return back to Planet Earth...

Hack the Halls is a great idea! I have some awesome upgrade ideas for the Gift Guard 9000...
    First Growbot, IIRC.

- Pablo Picasso
  • This is all I could see.
    Sorry, there was a delay since the video uploaded slower than my concurrent post. Should be OK now.

- Pablo Picasso
  • Perfect eight erco!

Not familiar with the Growbot, but I am going to be.
    edited 2016-10-08 - 22:32:04
    MikeDYur wrote: »

Did you cave & buy it?

Edit: No, it's still there...

- Pablo Picasso
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-10-08 - 22:56:37

Did you cave & buy it?

Can't cave, no room in my cave for robotic history. The chassis looks a bit longer than a BoeBots, I could mimic one with a BS2 Homework board though.
  • erco wrote: »
    MikeDYur wrote: »

Did you cave & buy it?

Edit: No, it's still there...

Darn! I just spent my last $100 PayPay fun money on a motherboard for my laptop. Got to keep those XP machines running. :)

edited 2016-10-09 - 02:59:32
    Publison wrote: »
    Darn! I just spent my last $100 PayPay fun money on a motherboard for my laptop.

We both have more dollars than sense in supporting our tech habits. I just blew $200 on a hoverboard, $60 on an 8-servo robot caterpillar (last one, free ship!) and $15 on a Science kit for the twins. Still need a smokin' hot deal on a vintage Gilbert Atomic Energy Lab with the bonafide U-238 sample.

20161008_152451.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M

- Pablo Picasso