Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MTY - Robotic Puppet — Parallax Forums

MTY - Robotic Puppet

MacTuxLinMacTuxLin Posts: 821
edited 2011-09-19 18:37 in Robotics
Done another module for our prop-powered controller. This time is a robotic puppet using our old ver2 proto-type board. Basically, once I touched the make-shift switch, it will start sensing all 16 servos & record to uSD. And when I touch the switch again, it will playback. This plus other modules will be included in our final version (finally...-_-"...), MTY Controller Lite, which is also ready for sale soon on our web-site (once its ready...-_-"...)

Pretty obvious I'm a lousy puppeteer ... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iDwJuMiQ8

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2011-09-06 10:34
    Fantastic job! How much memory does that take to record such a sequence?
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2011-09-06 13:01
    Hi.

VERY NICE

MacTuxLin wrote: »
    Done another module for our prop-powered controller. This time is a robotic puppet using our old ver2 proto-type board. Basically, once I touched the make-shift switch, it will start sensing all 16 servos & record to uSD. And when I touch the switch again, it will playback. This plus other modules will be included in our final version (finally...-_-"...), MTY Controller Lite, which is also ready for sale soon on our web-site (once its ready...-_-"...)

Pretty obvious I'm a lousy puppeteer ... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iDwJuMiQ8
  • MacTuxLinMacTuxLin Posts: 821
    edited 2011-09-06 18:00
    erco wrote: »
    Fantastic job! How much memory does that take to record such a sequence?

Thanks erco. That's about a 60 seconds motion capture & it takes 32k. I think the data could be further optimized but its way down my to-do list.
    edited 2011-09-06 18:00
    Sapieha wrote: »
    Hi.

VERY NICE

Thanks Sapieha.
  • GeorgeCollinsGeorgeCollins Posts: 132
    edited 2011-09-09 19:57
    What kind of servos are you using on that robot? I was just wondering because besides Dynamixels, I didn't know what other kind of servos you could get position information form
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2011-09-18 13:18
    Awesome bot, I'm curious to about the servos, how do you get the position ?
    edited 2011-09-19 18:37
    Bamse wrote: »
    Awesome bot, I'm curious to about the servos, how do you get the position ?

Hey,

Pardon the long delay due to work :depressed: These are a lesser-known wck servo from megabuilder. It is similar to ax-12 but instead of half-duplex, its a full duplex.

Getting the position is the same as ax-12, by issuing command to retrieve the current position of each servo.