Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee firmware — Parallax Forums

XBee firmware

zapmasterzapmaster Posts: 54
edited 2010-09-30 06:26 in Accessories
I had a hard time downloading the new versions with my windows 7 laptop.
found the ftp on xbee. and used the file insted of web.

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/firmware/update/xbee_zb/

The file i needed is attached.

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2010-09-03 09:30
    You're aware of this, but I just wanted to make note that the firmware you downloaded is the ZB firmware for the series 2 XBees, and the ftp site also archives many older versions. When it works, the easiest way to download the current firmware is via a menu option in the X-CTU software.
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-09-03 10:19
    You're aware of this, but I just wanted to make note that the firmware you downloaded is the ZB firmware for the series 2 XBees, and the ftp site also archives many older versions. When it works, the easiest way to download the current firmware is via a menu option in the X-CTU software.

I may be mistaken, but I think I've found that older versions of XCTU do not find the most current firmware, even when you ask them to search online for that firmware. I had some new XBees that had pre-installed firmware that I was unable to read with my roughly three year old version of XCTU. I just installed an up-to-date version, and it does find that new firmware.

In short, it's important to keep your XCTU version up to date. I agree that it's by far easiest to update firmware with XCTU (and with the Parallax USB adapter board). When I compare this with what I used to go through (wiring up a serial adapter...), it's heavenly.
  • julianmarblejulianmarble Posts: 1
    edited 2010-09-30 06:26
    I strongly agree on both of you that it should need updating XCTU version. I will do it as well personally. Thanks for great explain on the said problems.