Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Giveaway - Rare! BS2P40 Starter Kit — Parallax Forums

Giveaway - Rare! BS2P40 Starter Kit

BumpBump Posts: 592
edited 2010-06-28 10:09 in BASIC Stamp
I have, right here on my desk, a BS2P40 Starter Kit·(#27238) that I am authorized to giveaway.

Still in its original·packaging and looking fantastic.
For entry into this giveaway, please reply to this thread telling us why you think you need this rare and precious jewel of the Parallax collection.

attachment.php?attachmentid=70261

One entry per person.
This contest will run until·May 14th, 2010 at 3:00pm PST. Winning participants within the United States are eligible for free ground shipping. International contest winners will be asked to pay the cost of shipping their prize (and any applicable duties/taxes/etc.). Winner will be chosen by Parallax staff.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
525 x 700 - 103K

Comments

• bullopenebullopene Posts: 7
    edited 2010-05-12 23:54
    Because it would be such an honor and privilege to program such a piece of parallax history!

lol.gif
  • AaronAaron Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 00:02
    Parallax rocks... and it would be an awesome addition to my stamp collection!
  • Rich ReutherRich Reuther Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 00:08
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.
  • GalacticaActualGalacticaActual Posts: 18
    edited 2010-05-13 00:10
    ooooo... I have to have it to add to my small collection of antique Parallax boards (which includes some BASIC Stamp AppMod boards and a SX Demo Board).
  • kane100574kane100574 Posts: 2
    edited 2010-05-13 00:14
    I honestly can't list all my reasons...

So the best reason(s) are... Out of my five children, I have one that loves electronics just as much as his father... It would be a blast building circuits with him... showing him... teaching him..
    I myself have wanted a kit for many years, just not being able to afford it. I have a fantastic idea for a game for blind children that my wife and I have been working on for years. I hope to someday use a STAMP for the heart of the game...

It would be well used in my home...

Thank you..
  • CogburnCogburn Posts: 62
    edited 2010-05-13 00:21
    I want to build a weather station for my high school with the help of my students.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Showing up to school doesn't·mean you are a student any more than crawling up in an oven means that·you are a biscuit.
  • Rossbro2Rossbro2 Posts: 4
    edited 2010-05-13 00:23
    I LOVE the stamp collection.· Being a senior in college, I am planning on creating a robotic video camera stand that can move around as well as tilt up and down on a tripod.· I'm hoping I can use a PS3 as I believe they use bluetooth, and make the entire robot wireless-controlled! a BS2p40 would be perfect for my senior design project as the numerous pins would allow for the many inputs/outputs!

Thanks!
  • currentccurrentc Posts: 17
    edited 2010-05-13 00:38
    That would make a great addition to my Stamp collection.
  • Andrew (ARLISS)Andrew (ARLISS) Posts: 213
    edited 2010-05-13 00:39
    This looks like an awesome giveaway! I'm sure I'd find something useful to do with this. smilewinkgrin.gif
  • KB3JJGKB3JJG Posts: 95
    edited 2010-05-13 01:10
    Because it would be sch a great upgrade to my tried and true BOE, more I/O excites me! In fact if I win this, il give the BOE away to another forum member who could use it!

PS I also put a parallax label on my·homebrew (boe,serial ssc,ping w/bracket, and 2 x parallax cr servos) bot, that has to be worth some points!

bot.JPG

Post Edited (KB3JJG) : 5/13/2010 1:25:14 AM GMT
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2010-05-13 01:14
    I'm in trouble with the law, so my accounts are frozen and my assets are repossessed... I need something to take my mind off things.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Powered by enthusiasm
  • MrMMrM Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 01:30
    I've worked with many microcotrollers before from other vendors, but never one from parallax, this would be a great way to test it out and become an advocate of good word of parallax products. I would test it out with a humanoid robot (i-sobot) I'm currently working on, if I can manage to make it work there, then I would be convinced these are worthy microcontrollers that can take on any task. By the way, I'm also a student.
  • AbrahamcuencaAbrahamcuenca Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 01:40
    I work for a small clinic (im the programmer) , I am interested in developing a medical device that can assist the provider with seeing his patients. I am a huge fan of open-source, I'd like to contribute my design for others interested in following my instructions, after I create the device that is... [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Any how Good luck to all and Open Source Rules!!
  • MSU94GradMSU94Grad Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 01:50
    I hope to win because I would like to get started working with hardware (microcontroller) projects.· What better way than with a Starter Kit.
  • RobofreakRobofreak Posts: 93
    edited 2010-05-13 01:54
    Because it's awesome? 8D

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Austin Bowen,

"One must watch out for mechanics. They start out with a sewing machine, and end up with the atomic bomb" - A quote from someone that I saw on Addall.com

"Not only do I see the glass as half empty, I wonder if anyone poisoned the glass with arsenic" - My dad, inside joke haha
  • rixterrixter Posts: 95
    edited 2010-05-13 02:10
    Senator Phil Gramm once said about gun ownership "I have as many guns as I need, but I don't have as many guns as I want." Similarly, I have as many BASIC Stamps as I need, but this is one that I really want.... that I don't already have.

Rick
  • Luis CalcenaLuis Calcena Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 02:13
    Because my birth date is may 14 and I love Parallax, please!!!! From Paraguay South America!!!

Post Edited (Luis Calcena) : 5/13/2010 2:29:36 AM GMT
  • Ryan_DowtyRyan_Dowty Posts: 5
    edited 2010-05-13 02:19
    Why should I win a classic piece of Parallax history??? Because it's awesome, and I could show it off to all my nerd friends! They'd be so jealous!

PS: I'll also give you my first born...wait, not legal anymore??? dang it, I guess that's all I can do then.
  • N HasanN Hasan Posts: 3
    edited 2010-05-13 02:19
    Would be nice to be able to play with this baby.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-05-13 02:41
    Because I am broke and unemployed. If I had the funds I would have already purchased one and used to to help me get smarter and get a new job!!!
  • RonPRonP Posts: 384
    edited 2010-05-13 02:57
    For me its simple i don't have one... Yet...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Im not that bright and i can prove it.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-05-13 03:01
    I say give it to NWCCTV (assuming his story checks out)!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-05-13 03:02
    Cause I Could use it on DORTHY ( the Robo Power Wheels) to let me add a Ton of IOs to My planned sensor array .

I have allwas wanted a High IO stamp to use for a Stamp PLC like applaction .

we are tryinh to do a Huge light display anf this would work well !..

Peter kG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL

Post Edited (Peter KG6LSE) : 5/13/2010 3:08:31 AM GMT
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2010-05-13 03:13
    What erco said. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Check out the Propeller Wiki·and contribute if you can.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-05-13 03:48
    Although I suppose I could use it to keep my vintage and rarely-used BASIC Stamp Activity Board from being lonely...

Nah, that would be silly. Give it to NWCCTV!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2010-05-13 03:53
    I promise to make a project worthy of publication in every major hobbyist website and print publication, therby ensuring mass recognition of this versatile Arduino smashing device!
  • walteewaltee Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-13 04:05
    I think i should get this wonderful equipment so i can release my inner-child and also so that get my son interested in electronics, computers and programing so that he can have a chance at better life and career instead of just being limited to it only being a hobby, like what i am limited to at this time. [noparse]:)[/noparse] and I have been an unemployed industrial tech for over a year and due to the fact of the economy being cruddy, i could show prospective employers my programing skills, electrical skills and skills with electronics with a nice set up like the BS2P40 starter kit and possibly be able to land a job to revive my robot addiction.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2010-05-13 04:07
    I wish Parallax still sold this board. I remember when they discontinued it and sold them for something like $27.

I know that it's ultimately up to the Parallax folks, but I'll cast a vote for Cogburn's high school weather station.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2010-05-13 04:14
    Why?

Well.....um.......BECAUSE!

That's why.

*8)

DJ

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Dan TaylorDan Taylor Posts: 207
    edited 2010-05-13 04:27
    I have been working on a robot that has never been finished for two reasons. My BS2 Homework board did not have enough breadboard space to mount all that was neccessary, and simply didn't have enough pins to work so many pushbuttons, sensors, LCD, LED's, and the such.

The mounting screws are around the perfect places for attachment. Breadboard is bigger. The BS2P40 fits all of those needs and will be perfect for my robot.

The book included will be an awesome addition to my library. Having a book in your hands with real pages is alot more appealing to use and take places than the online version that is on the BS2 program.

I didn't even know that this board existed! (Is it availible for purchase anywhere?)

And lastly any thing made by Parallax is worth having.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dan Taylor