Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID on Clearance - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

RFID on Clearance

2»

Comments

• mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2010-05-14 16:32
    erco ,,LOL. The radio shack deal was my best score ever. Of course after getting home and looking a my pile of electronics gadgets I still need to figure out what I am actually going to build.
    I could use some discount creativity.
    P.S I will never forget you guys lol I need to much help for all of you.
  • TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
    edited 2010-05-14 17:07
    For the rfid sensor, I'm leaning toward garage door opener. I have a keypad driven system there now, but the keypad cover was busted off so the keypad is always weather exposed (somewhat). And one of the keys is "wearing out" so that device is on my "hit list" . Still thinking about the light sensor, but I'm thinking of exterior accent lights in the back yard, but still mulling that one around some.
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2010-05-14 18:20
    Excellent, picked up two last night. Now I can finally finish my RFID garage door opener. (I didn't want to use my only RFID reader for it)

On a side note, I will be checking another Radio Shack tonight to see if I can get more I now have 4 to offer up on the forums at the shack price of $9.97. Figure there are a few people that don't have a shack near them that would like to get in on this deal. Should be less than $2 to mail, so I will start another thread for them at $12. Have to figure out a way to "ration" them out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andrew Williams
    WBA Consulting
    WBA-TH1M Sensirion SHT11 Module
    My Prop projects: Reverse Geo-Cache Box, Custom Metronome, Micro Plunge Logger

Post Edited (WBA Consulting) : 5/14/2010 7:46:00 PM GMT
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2010-05-15 23:37
    @erco when you where in RadioShack did you pick up the "SPYKEE micro cell" robot toy kit made by Meccano\Erector?

It is RS # 600-0521, I picked up one for $7.97, when I stopped in another store for more RFID tags.

Here is a link www.meccano.com/models/spykee_micro_cell.html.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Visit Zappman's Blog at Savage Circuits

Post Edited (zappman) : 5/16/2010 10:14:57 PM GMT
    300 x 300 - 12K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2010-05-16 18:30
    zapp: thanks, I got one last month, same price. Neat little robot! I still have a full-sized Spykee ($99 woot deal) I haven't even opened up yet! So many robots, so little time & space! [noparse]:)[/noparse] Good problem to have.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-05-17 19:30
    OK I hate to squee with joy but I Just did a test with some modded code with the reader
    ZOMG it works so easy ! this is way to cool not to use for something . to bad I cant hack my car to Only use RFID for the key system
    My mom would Kill me .. Oh How I Love Parallax stuff . It Just works . with out all the headaches of Tons of code .

' {$STAMP BS2}

' {$PBASIC 2.5}

TAG VAR BYTE(10)
    main:
    DO
    LOW 0
    #IF __No_SPRAM #THEN
        SERIN 1, 396, [noparse][[/noparse]WAIT($0A), STR buf\10]    ' wait for hdr + ID
      #ELSE
        SERIN 1, 396, [noparse][[/noparse]WAIT($0A), STR TAG\10]
      #ENDIF
    HIGH 0
    DEBUG " this  is the ID Number ",STR TAG ,CR 
    PAUSE 500
    LOOP

Peter KG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL
  • DogPDogP Posts: 168
    edited 2010-05-19 03:16
    RS_Jim said...
    If you need the Parallax RFID reader, now is the time to check your local Radio Shack. They are on clearance. Check your local store for RS sku # 276-0032.
    RadioShack Jim

Thanks for the heads up! I just picked one of these up (the only one) tonight as well as a few light to frequency converters at the Radio Shack near Manassas Park, VA. That saves me from having to make the DIY RFID reader using the prop, so I can finally use the card I got at UPENE last year [noparse]:)[/noparse] . I might swing by the RS by work to pick up another RFID reader if they have any left.

Pat
    edited 2010-05-19 05:38
    Pat: Manassas, eh? Small world, I grew up in Woodbridge. Cheers,

erco

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2010-05-19 15:07
    Are these still on sale, or did I miss the clearance?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MCU Projects·- my new site where I will be posting all projects, code, etc.

Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

SD Card Adapter·- Add extra memory to your next Propeller project with ease!
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-05-19 19:21
    I would expect that they will be on clearance until they are all gone. You'll have to check your local store to see if they've run out.

Rich H

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Simple Servo Tester, a kit from Gadget Gangster.
    edited 2010-05-19 20:19
    Each store will sell out individually. One may be out, the next may have a dozen. If you live in an area like LA, there's a Radio Shack every mile and it's much easier to track them down.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2010-05-19 20:43
    Woot! I just got one! I can finally put that RFID card that I got from UPENE '09 to use... smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MCU Projects·- my new site where I will be posting all projects, code, etc.

Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

SD Card Adapter·- Add extra memory to your next Propeller project with ease!
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-05-19 21:14
    Vaati said...
    Woot! I just got one! I can finally put that RFID card that I got from UPENE '09 to use... smile.gif

Not the one with a hole in it I hope...

Rich H

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Simple Servo Tester, a kit from Gadget Gangster.
  • DogPDogP Posts: 168
    edited 2010-05-20 05:53
    erco said...

erco

Cool... congrats on escaping [noparse];)[/noparse] . I'm a transplant to the area... I grew up in Ohio and Iowa, then moved here about 8 years ago.

Pat
  • Steve RennellsSteve Rennells Posts: 40
    edited 2010-05-20 13:50
    Anyone know the changes made from rev1 of the rfid board to rev 8?
  • MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2010-06-05 03:18
    RFID Reader availability update! I purchased the RFID Reader (276-0032) for $9.99 at this location in Los Angeles: northwest corner of Pico and Robertson. This was the last RFID Reader at this location.The store clerk was very attractive and I hope she never finds out what I said about Radio Shack yesterday. I will compliment them for keeping a very neat and orderly parts drawer selection. Shame on Fry's Electronics for their explosion of scattered and misplaced inventories!
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-06-05 03:27
    DogP said...
    erco said...

erco

Cool... congrats on escaping [noparse];)[/noparse] . I'm a transplant to the area... I grew up in Ohio and Iowa, then moved here about 8 years ago.

Pat

I just escaped Cali for Ottumwa Iowa..

Peter KG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2010-09-10 19:05
    I just picked up the last two of these at my local Radio Shack. They were $8.47 each! What a deal! I can't believe that they were still in the drawer at that price!
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,175
    edited 2010-09-10 20:13
    Whit wrote: »
    I just picked up the last two of these at my local Radio Shack. They were $8.47 each! What a deal! I can't believe that they were still in the drawer at that price!

Hello!
    Same here. I bought the last two at that price from a RS store in Forest Hills Queens. :confused:

And again I just bought two more from a store in Rego Park. :confused:
    Nice batch of crewpeople there, I would say to this individual who's somewhere between 900 and 47 going on 48, the women looked out of place......

Same as before...... :confused: