Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
X-Band angle - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

X-Band angle

2»

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2010-05-01 00:27
    Sorry PJ but I have to go with computer guy and Phil on this one. FYI, it's called empirical evidence.
  • Peter KG6LSEPeter KG6LSE Posts: 1,383
    edited 2010-05-01 05:17
    """metal is required. Plastic has no effect on the signal,"""

not entirely true ! I did a background add on class in college in "Microwave magic " as I call it ..

We used acrilc lenses to slightly bend and refract the beam from our Ku band Gunn sorces and then did a power plot of the power VS angle .
    There was a significant difference in the lens vs no lens plots

Microwave safe containers are Great example of RF interaction in plastics .

So are Radomes used in NOAA Doppler stations .

Propagation volicy in coax is also a example of RF and dialectics constant and RF interaction Via plastics..

Mind .. it Is near to impossible to make a waveguide from PTFE ,

But you can most denfetlay refract uWave energy with certain plastics ..

Peter KG6LSE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Carpe Ducktum" "seize the tape!!"
    peterthethinker.com/tesla/Venom/Venom.html
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway. —Tanenbaum, Andrew S.
    LOL
  • the_copsthe_cops Posts: 1
    edited 2010-05-01 07:12
    What the hell is going on?

PJ Allen, as others have noted, I have to agree that your “mostly content-free posts” and mocking those who could have benefited from your self acclaimed expertise serve only to flatter yourself.

And Peter, having a college education (as you state), why can’t you spell simple words like acrylic, velocity, and definitely in a very short set of remarks?

Given this, do you guys really expect us to take you seriously in the future?

NOT! Or is this what we call “change”?