Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NEW: Propeller Platform SD - Real-time Clock + microSD, Now 100% pre-assembled! - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

NEW: Propeller Platform SD - Real-time Clock + microSD, Now 100% pre-assembled!

2»

Comments

• schillschill Posts: 741
    edited 2010-04-14 19:00
    Nick McClick said...
    The nano is breadboard compatible, but then you can't use any shields. I did do an Arduino / Propeller Platform shield converter, but there were some testing problems and I haven't picked the design back up yet.

If I have my Propeller Platform/Arduino converter in "showable" condition, I'll bring it to a UPE.

You can use the arduino IDE with any board configuration. It's not uncommon for people to use a real arduino board to program the chip (for convenience) and then pop the chip out and put it in another board or on a breadboard. There are also quite a few breadboard compatible variations (which, like the nano, don't work directly with shields but a few wires here and there take care of that).
  • HollyMinkowskiHollyMinkowski Posts: 1,398
    edited 2010-04-14 23:46
    @Nick McClick
    I'm a huge fan of the tiny85
    A small 8pin dip with 8kflash, 6i/o pins
    512bytes of eeprom, 512bytes sram... 1.33ea when bought in lot 25.
    8mhz internal oscillator with 1% accuracy. 20mhz w an xtal.
    These are so easy to use...

I will be a fan of the new
    40/44pin ATMEGA1284P w 128k flash...IF I can ever get any :-(
    5.09 in 25lot.

@schill
    I have been trying to buy some Atmel328 chips but nobody seems to
    have any in stock....I guess all the arduino types have snatched them all.
  • Nick McClickNick McClick Posts: 1,003
    edited 2010-04-21 17:54
    Just an update -

The Propeller Platform SD now comes 100% pre-assembled! If you pick it up with a RTC, the RTC and components will also be attached.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Forums RSS Feed!

Gadget Gangster - Share your Electronic Projects
  • KPRKPR Posts: 189
    edited 2010-04-21 19:21
    Hey Nick.. Just a though..

The Reset button gets hidden when you put a shield on top.. on the next batch/run, why don't you make the button vertical instead of horizontal.. I seen 6 mm vertical buttons for the same bulk price as horizontal ones somewhere.. I think it may have been the parts supplier Holly suggested..

KPR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    New ICON coming, gotta wait for the INK to heal, now we have colour!
  • JRetSapDoogJRetSapDoog Posts: 954
    edited 2010-04-21 19:55
    That's great Nick!· It was great before, but it's...um...greater now.· (Excited infomercial voice) It just keeps getting greater and greater....

Although the updated Propeller Platform Module SD info page mentions that it's "completely pre-assembled" towards the top of the page, it still talks about soldering the RTC components towards the bottom.· However, I guess such soldering would only be necessary now if one ordered the board w/o the RTC parts and then order the RTC parts·later.· Anyway, I think that's a sweet board/system at a·very reasonably price.· Here in Taiwan, if I could just walk down the street and pick one up, I would (eh, after willingly forking over the cash, I mean).
  • Nick McClickNick McClick Posts: 1,003
    edited 2010-04-21 20:19
    @Jretsapdoog - Thanks for the catch, I just fixed it. Correct, if you get it with an RTC, it will come pre-assembled. If you want to add one later on, you'll have to do that yourself. We ship to Taiwan, it's $6 via airmail.

@KPR - Compared to the regular Propeller Platform Module, I've moved the reset switch lower and closer to the edge - it's easy to push with any module attached.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Forums RSS Feed!

Gadget Gangster - Share your Electronic Projects
  • bdickensbdickens Posts: 110
    edited 2010-04-21 20:32
    Good. Because I just ordered one for my sons project and I needed the RTC ! And my solder skills are occasionally passable.

Thanks