The Propeller Platform SD is now available:
Program without a Prop Plug
- Propeller, 5MHz Removable Xtal, 64kb EEPROM
- 5v @ 3.3v regulators, 1.5A output with a min input voltage of only 5.5v
- microSD card slot with pullups connected to P0..P3
- Comes with Terminal Block and barrel jack power connector
- 2.8" x 2.5" footprint
- Breadboard-able. Supports all the other Propeller Platform Modules (Prototyper, El Jugador, TermBoard, DMXIO, LCDUI, OctoDriver, Battery, and more)
- Optional DS1307 Real-time Clock with power backup
It comes pre-programmed with a simple bootloader, too. In the propeller tool, use F8 and select 'save as binary'. Save your program to the microSD card root directory with the name 'run.bin', and pop it in the Propeller Platform SD. When you turn it on, the Propeller will begin running your program. It's not as easy as a USBThumb or Prop Plug, but it will give you an inexpensive introduction to Propeller Programming.
You can also program it with a USBThumb, Prop Plug, Prop Clip, or Bill's upcoming Serial programmer (SerPlug)
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when people asked for an onboard RTC. But after going through the design verification and testing, I'm convinced it's awesome. The DS1307 uses the same pins as your EEPROM, so there's no impact to I/O. I've been using Kwabena's RTC driver (in the Obex
). It's a piece of cake, and it uses only 600 bytes. I made it optional to keep the price low for those that don't need it, but it's really useful and nice to have.
One more photo of the Propeller Platform SD with Prototyper & El Jugador;
Check out the project page
for more info. As usual, let me know if you have any questions!
: The Propeller Platform SD now comes completely pre-assembled, so you can start using it straight out of the box.
Propeller Forums RSS Feed!
Gadget Gangster - Share your Electronic Projects
Post Edited (Nick McClick) : 4/21/2010 5:58:40 PM GMT