Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Time accuracy of logic analyser for X10 pulsetrains. — Parallax Forums

Time accuracy of logic analyser for X10 pulsetrains.

Ton OTon O Posts: 6
edited 2010-03-05 09:12 in Accessories
I bought Propscaope as a replacement of my old hardware scope and the included logic analyser was needed for some X10 timing problems.
Some experiments showed a strange time accuracy problem in the logic analyser.
When measuring in msec the time indication in the left top is often in seconds. This means that you hardly be able to use it properly in.
Attached examples of the cursor at 49 ms than changing into 0.05 sec and an example of my X10 pulse trains.

Can somebody advice me how to change the time factor/ accuracy?

Comments

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-03-04 22:39
    Hi Ton,
    I don't think anything is wrong...
    The time indicator shows the cursor's position in your sample.
    In your screenshots, your timescale is set to 20msec/div. The PropScope takes 20 divisions worth of data- so it'll sample for 20*20msec=400msec.
    It only shows you 10 divisions at a time, but uses the timescale at the bottom of the graph to show you where you are relative to the begin of sample. When you move the cursor horizontally, it also shows you where that cursor is. To make things easy to read, all numeric values are simplified as much as possible. So, 200mSec is shown as the equivalent .2Sec.
    If you want to sample faster, turn the timescale dial to a faster setting.
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • Ton OTon O Posts: 6
    edited 2010-03-05 09:12
    Hanno thanks for the reply.
    The X10 pulstrain is intermittent and I want to measure the pulslenght when I have catched the pulse information. If I go to a faster setting most of the pulse train information is not visual in the the display. So when the top time cursor information has the same dimension ( msec)as the timescale dial and the time scale of the display people can use the cursor to display pulse width. So msec on dial, msec on display and msec for top cursor indication. Or at least a possibility to set something like this.

I hope that you understand the meaning of the above and I don't say something is wrong only make it a greater better useble product.