Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
little step u — Parallax Forums

little step u

galeglorygaleglory Posts: 25
edited 2009-11-16 15:35 in Learn with BlocklyProp
i hooked up a little step-U to my motor and to my bs2 the way the docs said, but i only get 2 speed 0 and 2, nothing else and my motor does'nt even turn.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-11-12 20:38
    The Little Step U motor controller does work, so there must be something different about what you're doing or how you have things hooked up or programmed. I suggest you make up a schematic drawing showing your setup and how you have things actually connected. Include the source file for the program you're using to test the whole thing. Use the Attachment Manager for attaching these files to your reply.
  • galeglorygaleglory Posts: 25
    edited 2009-11-13 15:41
    here is a doc of the little step-u
    edited 2009-11-13 15:52
    The documentation for the Little Step-U doesn't help explain why yours doesn't work. It's very common for people to believe that they have followed examples or instructions in the documentation and find that their setup doesn't work. It's usually due to some mistake in wiring or programming where what actually has been built doesn't in fact match what's in the documentation. Part of insisting that you post a schematic and source code is to either push you to compare what you actually have to what's in the documentation or, by allowing others to compare what's in the documentation with what you actually have, to point out discrepancies that you may have missed.
    edited 2009-11-13 16:26
    i used the program at the end of the docs with slite modifications to makwe it work
    edited 2009-11-13 16:44
    The problem you're having is probably due to the modifications or some difference between the way things are connected in the documentation vs. how you actually have them connected. Without more detailed information from you, it's impossible to say why your setup doesn't work.
    edited 2009-11-16 15:35
    this is my version of the origanil program.
    i'll try and get a schematic on here soon.