Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Joystick — Parallax Forums

Joystick

EzsynnEzsynn Posts: 119
edited 2009-02-05 21:59 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I'm trying to make a joystick controller with a Memsic 2125 tilt sensor. How do you make a joy stick?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
BWIN ON DA POWAH WIFIN U!!!

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-02-02 23:24
    I'm guessing here, but most joysticks use potentiometers, not accelerometers. As for making one, you can design it any way you think best.
  • EzsynnEzsynn Posts: 119
    edited 2009-02-03 08:57
    SRLM said...
    I'm guessing here, but most joysticks use potentiometers, not accelerometers. As for making one, you can design it any way you think best.
    It's the tilt sensing function I'm trying to utilise

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • EzsynnEzsynn Posts: 119
    edited 2009-02-03 11:16
    eod_punk said...
    Have you tried looking at this thread as an example?
    http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=6&m=61251
    Yes I did, I'm trying to Improve it buy having the Sensor Tilt, But not the board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • pdiefendpdiefend Posts: 27
    edited 2009-02-05 21:59
    I may be over simplifying this, but can't you use a commerical joy stick, and just use the variable resistors with the RCTIME instruction, instead of the tilt sensor.· This is much easier unless you need to use the tilt sensor for your project.

Just use:

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

X··· VAR·· Word

HIGH 0
    PAUSE 1
    RCTIME 0,1,X

X will give you the time in miliseconds needed to charge/discharge the capacitor, then set this varible equal to the nuetral point of the joystick. (+/- some)· There is a Nuts and Volts article (# 15) that helps explain the use of this command better.

P.S. I'm new to using the forum, but I have been programming for a while.· I apoligize·if I·insulted anyone with this.

Philip D.
    nv15.pdf 444.4K