Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
One more Software Question, Pretty Please. - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

One more Software Question, Pretty Please.

2»

Comments

• MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2008-09-10 00:18
    I have added another 1.5volt battery to see if maybe the batteries were not enough. It does the same thing. I get 7.5 volts in, same as the ac adapter.
    edited 2008-09-10 02:33
    Thank all of you guys for all of your help. I was able to solve this mystery myself. I just simmered in my own juices a while and came up with the answer. I have downloaded about 10-12 versions of Basic. I found that when I tried different ones, I had different things happen. On one of them, the robot would simply go around in circles and that was all. Another it would go forward when it was supposed to be going backward. Then, some came to the issue of not wanting the umbillical cord to be disconnected (my earlier problem.) Some made the robot run right into the wall. I don't think the PING was working correctly at that point. It did it's little PING number, but then ran right into the wall. I am looking forward to getting my IR working and calibrating. They are working, but I need to calibrate them. I am having fun none the least.

Thanks agin. My questions are probably going to dwindle now. But, who knows, I may have more later. But, I believe that I am pretty well fixed up. My robot almost belongs in the completed section now.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-09-10 03:23
    I'm glad to hear you figured it out. That's the first step to getting the hang of it.

In general, it is best to develop things in an iterative process. Starting from the most simple and gradually building in complexity. this limits the scope of what could be the problem and makes it easier to fix the bug (hardware and software). I understand that by doing the Propeller BOE-BOT it required a certain "jumping in the pool", but it's helpful advice in general.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 9/10/2008 3:33:51 AM GMT
    edited 2008-09-10 13:32
    Thanks, Paul for your comment. I think that as soon as I finish the IR I shall be through with this project for a while. I intend to add on to him, but maybe a little bit later. This forum has been a learning experience for me. Everyone and especially Mike Green has been so patient with me.