Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Takers on a 1600SW monitor for propeller driver code? — Parallax Forums

Takers on a 1600SW monitor for propeller driver code?

hinvhinv Posts: 1,253
edited 2008-04-20 04:56 in Propeller 1
Hi,

I have several SGI 1600SW Monitors about, and have very little in the way of computes to drive them. The MultiLineAdapter that would get them to run off a standard HD15 are more expensive than the monitor itself.
I would be willing to provide a 1600SW(with some dead pixels) to work with if someone would figure out how to drive it with a propeller.
Attached is the OpenLDI protocol it speaks. A 1600SW with no dead pixels goes to the first one to write a driver for it.
Spin, or Assembly, I don't care. Multiple resolutions would be great to save on COGS.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• AleAle Posts: 2,363
    edited 2008-04-05 10:36
    From the propeller. all that is needed is a serializer like:
    www.national.com/mpf/DS/DS90C387R.html

And of course the connector !.

I do not see any problems. But if what you wanted was a propeller with a LVDS output... well you may get something, low speed and 3.3V. For 5.5 bucks that that ic costs, it is better to get the serializer that was developed for such a function, and to generate the video signal in the usual way., give it a shot, they come in friendly TQFP packages, not like some other serializers that come in unfriendly BGA variants wink.gif
  • stevenmess2004stevenmess2004 Posts: 1,102
    edited 2008-04-06 11:08
    From the standard attached
    said...
    5.2.1.1 Default Configuration for a Display Source
    Upon the initial application of power to an OpenLDI display source, the default configuration for
    the interface shall be that the interface is programmed to display a 640
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,253
    edited 2008-04-20 04:56
    Thanks for your help, but I think I will have to put this one off for a while as the bit rate even for the lowest resolution is quite high, and the part that was mentioned is a 100pin device that runs at 1 to 1.8v inputs. This looks like a much better fit for Prop II especially considering what Chip just revealed about there being 1.8V capable I/O lines.

Thanks,
    Doug