Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Fellow PAL Prop'ers rejoice :) - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Fellow PAL Prop'ers rejoice :)

13»

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2008-01-09 08:58
    Lol Mike [noparse]:)[/noparse]

deSilva, same outcome as hippy with your code.

hippy, glad it turned out ok for ya [noparse]:)[/noparse] and shame I missed the BBC transmission of Testcard J ;( oh well, teach me to watch more TV lol, although I doubt I'd be awake at 3am with having two kids and having to get one up with them every morning at 6:30 :-( lol
    Last time I saw a testcard on TV was on Life On Mars [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Jim.
  • DroneDrone Posts: 433
    edited 2008-01-09 15:24
    Hi deSilva,

I tried your MPE_GRATEX_021 test code on the PAL DVD player 7" LCD we were discussing in a different thread. Modified video pin and 5MHzX16 for regular Propeller. Results described below apply for either 16:9 or 4:3 manually switched on the 7" LCD.
    Hippy said...
    Mikado draw Lines are extremely badly strobing, both yellow and black lines ( shaking rapidly left to right ).

I don't see any bad strobing on the Mikado lines. But I do get the usual herringbone type lines that go from top-right to bottom left that I always see with the TV object in PAL, and that results in some shimmering for certain colors. For example in your "pumpUp rectangles" numbers 8 and 16 seem to be variations on blue rectangles, no herringbone at all in these colored rectangles, and no herringbone on white background. In all your tests, except for "misc.text" the display seems shifted to the left a bit, perhaps 10%. "misc.text" looks centered left-right nicely though. All test displays are centered nicely horiz-vert. I don't see the herringbone artifact or shimmering at all on the 7" LCD with Hippy's PAL60 driver demo binary. But as stated previously on the 7" LCD the display is split due to the inability to handle 60Hz vs. 50Hz.

Haven't tried the test code on my regular 4:3 Trinitron yet, and may not have time to do so. I've got to go to Singapore for awhile. But I'll still be on the forum - just no Prop hardware with me.

Best Regards,

David