Welcome to the Parallax Discussion Forums, sign-up to participate.
The Propeller Memory Card is a great platform for developing memory-intensive Propeller programs that can benefit from flash, SRAM, or a microSD card. The 13-pin SIP package works well in a breadboard .... . The flash memory is nonvolatile, and the SRAM is volatile, but has an optional solder connection to a battery.
• 32 megabit (4 megabyte) non-volatile flash memory in 4 kilobyte sectors
• 1 megabit (128 kilobyte) static RAM
• Card slot for microSD or microSDHC card
• Can be used with a breadboard or through-hole board for prototyping or custom projects
• Power Requirements: 45 mA max (not including a microSD card)
• Communication: Serial Quad Interface (SQI), Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI), and Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), including dual- and quad-SPI
• Explore tradeoffs between different memory types
• Store images and frame buffers for user interfaces
• Store multiple files and programs
• Execute code from external memory
• Log large amounts of data