Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propscope is Self Aware — Parallax Forums

Propscope is Self Aware

iankantianiankantian Posts: 4
edited 2010-06-17 02:58 in Accessories
Hello Forums! I like my PropScope when it works. However the dials and switches on the propscope screen move themselves. This happens while propscope is on RUN as well as when the scope is on RUN with the green light off. I'll try changing the voltage scale and it moves back or to random positions. I try changing the trigger from off to continuous and it goes right back. I'm in a failure mode of plugging it in and out and restarting Propscope over and over. Very difficult to use at that since I can't set it up the way I need and have it stick. Perhaps the cogs have become self-aware and now will work against me?

Minor beef with the voltage level trigger control. The trigger level cursor moves in very large steps, usually off-screen at the smallest mouse input. If there was a way to just type in the voltage I want it would really help me out.

Comments

• HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2010-05-31 08:43
    Hi Ian,
    I apologize for what is much more likely to be a bug... I have not heard of what you're describing before, but the v1.05 beta may help- get it here:
    http://hannoware.com/propscope/propscope105h.exe
    Setting the trigger level more precisely has been fixed in that version.
    If your PropScope truly is self-aware, please take good care of it...
    Hanno

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Co-author of the official Propeller Guide- available at Amazon
    Developer of ViewPort, the premier visual debugger for the Propeller (read the review here, thread here),
    12Blocks, the block-based programming environment (thread here)
    and PropScope, the multi-function USB oscilloscope/function generator/logic analyzer
  • iankantianiankantian Posts: 4
    edited 2010-06-02 05:28
    It totally works now. Thank you Hanno!
  • GranzGranz Posts: 179
    edited 2010-06-14 19:53
    iankantian said...
    It totally works now. Thank you Hanno!

@Ian,

Does that mean that it is no longer self-aware or that it's consciousness died? tongue.gif

Art
  • iankantianiankantian Posts: 4
    edited 2010-06-15 15:24
    Near as I can tell, Granz.· It's self-agency was completely destroyed [noparse]:([/noparse]· When I move dials and switches they just sit there, as if dead.· It's sung it's last line of "Daisy"

Good oscilloscope though!
  • GranzGranz Posts: 179
    edited 2010-06-15 18:27
    iankantian said...
    Near as I can tell, Granz. It's self-agency was completely destroyed [noparse]:([/noparse] When I move dials and switches they just sit there, as if dead. It's sung it's last line of "Daisy"

Good oscilloscope though!

And you knew that the trouble that was brewing was getting pretty bad when the o'scope told you "I'm sorry Ian, I'm afraid I can't do that..." shocked.gif

Glad to hear that it is working now though. How do you like the scope; it's usability, interface, controls, etc. How about it's response range?

Thanks,

Art
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2010-06-15 22:29
    Hanno said...
    If your PropScope truly is self-aware, please take good care of it...
    Hanno
    Does that mean you have to eat a Propeller Proto-Board? wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Pages: Propeller JVM
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-06-16 01:13
    Good one Steve!

Jim
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2010-06-17 02:58
    iankantian said...

Near as I can tell, Granz.· It's self-agency was completely destroyed [noparse]:([/noparse]· When I move dials and switches they just sit there, as if dead.· It's sung it's last line of "Daisy"

At least you don't have to worry about Sarah Connor coming after you...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney