Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax engineers, how do I interpret my oscilloscope data? — Parallax Forums

Parallax engineers, how do I interpret my oscilloscope data?

turbosupraturbosupra Posts: 1,088
edited 2009-12-08 22:24 in Accessories
I did 5 samplings, all less than 5 seconds each except for the first one, which may have been, but the first one was definitely under 10 seconds. The first one should be completely different then the last 4, and they all look the same to me.

Can you please explain to me how to read these and interpret the data from them?

Sample 1

idlingtest1.png

Log file to acompany it

stashbox.org/727595/idling_test1.txt

Sample 2

2ndgearinlifttest1.png

Log file to acompany it

stashbox.org/727600/2ndgearinlift_test1.txt

Sample 3

2ndgearinlifttest2.png

Log file to acompany it

stashbox.org/727603/2ndgearinlift_test2.txt

Sample 4

2ndgearinlifttest3.png

Log file to acompany it

stashbox.org/727604/2ndgearinlift_test3.txt

Sample 5

2ndgearinlifttest4.png

Log file to acompany it

stashbox.org/727605/2ndgearinlift_test4.txt

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-12-08 16:57
    Hello,

What is apparent to me at first glance is that the screenshots above are all identical. That is to say, it is not that there was no change in the signal...each screenshot is the same exact image, pixel for pixel. Due to random noise fluctuations it would be impossible to do this from an actual reading. Given that, there is no way to answer your question. You're missing the other 4 images and somehow have pasted the same one for all 5.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    50 72 6F 6A 65 63 74 20 53 69 74 65
    ·
  • turbosupraturbosupra Posts: 1,088
    edited 2009-12-08 19:06
    Hi Chris,

Those are all 5 separate images, taken after 5 separate times that I hit the "run" and "stop" buttons after sampling data, is this a flaw in the oscilloscope or its software?

What I did notice is that none of the values on the right hand side update (as I feel they should) as soon as you hit the "run" button, there is always a large delay and when I'm taking 2 or 3 seconds of sample data, they don't update at all?

Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Hello,

What is apparent to me at first glance is that the screenshots above are all identical. That is to say, it is not that there was no change in the signal...each screenshot is the same exact image, pixel for pixel. Due to random noise fluctuations it would be impossible to do this from an actual reading. Given that, there is no way to answer your question. You're missing the other 4 images and somehow have pasted the same one for all 5.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-12-08 22:24
    There is no flaw that I am aware of that would cause that. The images you posted are all from the same snapshot...you may have clicked some buttons, but the image never changed. You should contact our Tech Support Dept for additional assistance. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    50 72 6F 6A 65 63 74 20 53 69 74 65
    ·