Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Great Article on the Hybrid — Parallax Forums

Great Article on the Hybrid

WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
edited 2007-07-26 20:40 in Robotics
Hey Everyone,

There is a great article by Ken Gracey in this month's Robot magazine about the hybrid outdoor bot. Lots of good details, photos and some great oops stories! You can get a little preview at http://www.botmag.com/

Great job Ken!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 7/26/2007 6:13:40 PM GMT

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2007-07-26 18:22
    Hey Whit,

Thanks for the compliments. It's no big deal, really. I probably didn't spend as much time understanding the technical issues as I wanted to, mostly because my primary job at Parallax relates to business.·When I·can make the time I·truly enjoy robotics.

By the way, all the parts on that robot were made on a small desktop CNC. Since then we've acquired a Haas CNC·in our office at Parallax.·The Haas·can spit out parts as fast as you feed it metal. With my desktop·CNC, each of those parts would take hours to make.

For those who don't receive ROBOT, I attached the article to this posting.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-07-26 20:34
    Hey everyone, this article/thread will be moved from the Completed Projects Forum to the Robotics Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2007-07-26 20:40
    Ken and Chris,

Thanks - Now I can e-mail it to my friends. I guess you guys will put this on the Parallax website too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney