Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Reset detect — Parallax Forums

Reset detect

AHMET AKSUAHMET AKSU Posts: 62
edited 2007-05-21 16:39 in Propeller 1
·· is it possible to know propeller will be reset and run a procedure before the reset
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-21 14:38
    No. The whole idea of a reset is to override anything (like some kind of programming error) to force the Propeller into a known, "safe" state.

You could design some external hardware that would delay an external reset signal for a few milliseconds, yet present the same signal (undelayed) to an I/O pin where a cog could watch for it. This would not prevent a brown-out/power-failure type of reset nor would it prevent a software initiated reset (REBOOT statement).
  • AHMET AKSUAHMET AKSU Posts: 62
    edited 2007-05-21 15:53
    Thank Mr Mike Green . The idea is good. My problem with reset is that.in my project propeller counts sensors data
    and write the values to eeprom with basic i2c object also when a power failure the propeller run from a ulracapacitor
    and save values to eeprom.but when the user close vbasic program the pc close serial port and then propeller goes
    reset.in this case I cant write last values to eeprom.are there any way to make this : when pc close serial port propeller
    dont reset itself
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-21 16:32
    Check the schematic of the Propeller board you are using. You'll see that there's a connection between the reset pin and the serial port DTR signal. This is used by the Propeller Tool to reset the Propeller for downloading. You simply have to put a switch in that line so that it's connected when you want to download a new program to the Propeller and disconnected when you're running your application.
  • AHMET AKSUAHMET AKSU Posts: 62
    edited 2007-05-21 16:39
    so many thanks Mr Mike Green