Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-bot 3d model — Parallax Forums

Boe-bot 3d model

gambitgambit Posts: 6
edited 2007-04-10 04:35 in General Discussion
Helle there!

I'm currently working on a Boe bot, for a school project, and i'm looking for a 3D model, of this bot, in an Autodesk Inventor Pro (v10.0) format.
Does some one know where i would be able to find it?

Thank in advance.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-03-20 14:04
    This thread is being moved from the Completed Projects Forum to the Sandbox Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • gambitgambit Posts: 6
    edited 2007-03-20 14:26
    ok, no problem [noparse];)[/noparse]

nobody for my request?
  • Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
    edited 2007-03-21 01:27
    I am no help in sending you Inventor files, but I can send you to a site that has many models, both parts and assemblies for downloading. I have used some parts in SolidWorks with success. whatever is not available there, a pair of dial-calipers and a few hours in-front of a computer will get you what you need!

http://3dcontentcentral.com/3DContentCentral/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Magic Smoke Theory of Electronics –
    Inside every electronic part there is magic smoke.
    The magic smoke is what makes everything work.
    If you release the magic smoke, the part stops working!
    edited 2007-03-25 20:00
    yeah, what is it?
    can you give me the link?

look what i've all ready made:

sanstitre4bb4.th.jpg

sanstitre5jr6.th.jpg

sanstitre7ub6.th.jpg

sanstitre6nh9.th.jpg
  • dbc1218dbc1218 Posts: 33
    edited 2007-03-26 03:42
    Judging by your drawing it looks like a ball griper maybe for a ping pong or golf ball. So what are you working on?
    edited 2007-03-26 13:05
    i'm currently working on a bot, wich must collect ping pong balls. this is it, for the mecanic part.
    For the electronic part, the bot will be able to, cross a labyrinth, alone, with two sensors.

what do you think about it?
  • Mr. RichardMr. Richard Posts: 51
    edited 2007-03-27 01:11
    I like it. looking at your drawings, i would ask if there is some plan to guide and/or trap the balls before you pick them up. my concern is that if your bot wasn't directly above the ball, the gripper would grab on the wrong side of the balls center and move the ball away from the grabber.

Just one of my two cents

If you are looking for the link, it is 3dcontentcentral.com/3DContentCentral/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Magic Smoke Theory of Electronics –
    Inside every electronic part there is magic smoke.
    The magic smoke is what makes everything work.
    If you release the magic smoke, the part stops working!
  • dbc1218dbc1218 Posts: 33
    edited 2007-03-27 01:17
    I think it looks great but have you built it yet? All those curved slots and different shapes are going to be tough unless you have a CNC. If all you need to do is pick up ping pong balls wouldn't the parallax gripper be fine?
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2007-03-27 12:42
    Your gripper is on the bot's rear end, not at the front. I hope that is what you intended. It seems like it would be more difficult to make it work that way.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick
    edited 2007-03-28 18:57
    i've made all what you can see!

Don't worry for the ball, it's placed 10 milimeters above the groud, locked on a support, so, the gripper will take it [noparse];)[/noparse]

Sizes are tiniest as possible!

The block was directed by a specifications book: no size rules, but the electromagnet usage (only one) was obligatory!
    All the block will be make by CNC (manuals will be hardest), but, beffor, i'll make a FastProto, to see problems which would happened.
    I could not use Parallax model, because, an entire work from myself was expected.

At the begining, the bot will be allready above the ball, 'll close the gripper, and roll across the labyrinth.

Like you had seen it, the gripper is in the back of bot, it's normal, sensor are on the front, to give direction to bot.

if you can watch *.3gp video format: jul.charles.free.fr/PPE07/Video-0003.3gp

sorry for disorder in my answers [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    edited 2007-04-10 04:35
    no one here?