Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SD card interface — Parallax Forums

SD card interface

OwenOwen Posts: 100
edited 2007-04-08 22:44 in Propeller 1
I'm building an SD card interface for the propellar and am wondering if someone can explain to me which pins need to have pull up resostors? I was a little confused after looking at the diagram in the SD driver in the object exchange which had 6 pull up resistors
one on each propellar pin (data out, clock, Data In, CS) and then pull ups on Irq(dat1) and p9(dat2). I cant find any reference to "p9" I dont see the pin on the sd card socket i'm using from sparkfun. Are all of these pull ups actually necesary? other diagrams I have looked at only have pull ups on DI and DO.

Owen

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-04-08 22:04
    IIUC, There have been a couple people who've managed the SD interface without any pull up resistors, however, I think it's good practice to have them.

I'm using the same breakout board as you are, and I had success with the diagram from this thread. http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=622673

Oldbitcollector

Post Edited (Oldbitcollector) : 4/8/2007 10:35:50 PM GMT
  • OwenOwen Posts: 100
    edited 2007-04-08 22:44
    thanks for the link
    Ok i see my problem... I'm using the sparkfun eagle symbol and it doesnt have pin 9 on the schematic but it is on the board footprint. I guess i'll add pin 9 to the symbol and give it a pull up resistor.

Owen