Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LEGO = PING ? I'm still workin with it... — Parallax Forums

LEGO = PING ? I'm still workin with it...

roughwireroughwire Posts: 78
edited 2007-03-12 09:13 in General Discussion
Well I ran a ' PING_Demo.bs2 ' program while I poke the differnt wires in. This lego ultrasonic sensor's got 6 wires! Can I wire it up to work like the PING? Throw me som more suggestions. Thx.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
MIKE

Comments

• UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,530
    edited 2007-01-24 17:52
    Hi roughwire, this link has info on the Lego-Mindstorm NXT, there is hardware info and protocol info that may be relevant to the US you have.

http://mindstorms.lego.com/Overview/NXTreme.aspx

Jeff T.
  • roughwireroughwire Posts: 78
    edited 2007-01-24 18:01
    got it,thx, but I just want to wire it up to my stamp????

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MIKE
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,530
    edited 2007-01-24 18:38
    Mike,· I didn't realize you already had that info. I browsed it real quick and it did give connection details for the six wires although I never saw any color codes mentioned.There were 2 grounds two positive voltages and two data wires, with a little investigation using the diagram you should be able to determine which wire is which.·The protocol was I2C which I know nothing about so I don't know if that can be achieved with pulsin pulsout. The info on the protocol gave commands to transmit and recieve, I would think that those commands have to be specifically included in your code for the device to respond. Im sure you can get it to communicate with a stamp but its going to involve some study.

good luck

Jeff T.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-24 21:19
    This is a duplicate thread, please rpely to the original at the following link.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=627189

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • roughwireroughwire Posts: 78
    edited 2007-01-29 16:52
    I was told to move it to the sandbox, dip!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MIKE
  • computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
    edited 2007-03-12 09:13
    I would suggest opening the case. if you can.
    The board will either be labeled or the pins could be identified by looking at the socket inside and comparing it to this.

cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/MindstormsOverview/otherfiles/2057/LEGO%20MINDSTORMS%20NXT%20Hardware%20Developer%20Kit(3)_7A0CF630-CCE5-4AAF-91FA-D1E7C911817C.zip

The document that you need to look at in there is called:
    Appendix 6-LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Ultrasonic Sensor hardware schematic.pdf