From···· ·Northwest· ·· Indiana-

Where·· the · introverts · stare
at··· there·· ·shoes··· and·· the
extroverts stare at your shoes!

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-03-19 16:30
    GSU -

I'd have to suspect that you're not using Futaba servos? If that's the case, you may want to purchase a few Futaba servo extensions, and a few servo extensions for the type that you're using, and make up a batch of adapter cords. That's probably the easiest way to address the problem. If you need a source, just shout.

I don't have a BOE board, so I'm just presuming they have a Futaba plug configuration. I'm sure someone will correct this thought, if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2006-03-19 17:53
    Yup, the BOE board has Futaba-compatible connectors (basically a three-pin in-line small molex connector).
  • SciTech02SciTech02 Posts: 154
    edited 2006-03-19 19:42
    Funny, I had the same problem when I got my ping mounting bracket.· Mine said "Parallax standard servo" on it, but the connecter was odd.· Instead of being a strait connector, it had a thin plastic flap thing (It's hard to describe) comming out of the side of it, so I could not fit it in the servo·port.· All I did was snip it off with some toe-nail clippers, and it works just fine.··· -SciTech02.
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2006-03-19 20:44
    It's probably just the little plastic tab that some manufacturers use to ensure you plug it in correctly. Just cut and sand the plastic strip off and beware of polarity when you plug it in. The order of wires should be black (negative, sometimes its blue or brown), red (power, possibly yellow), and white (signal).
  • GSUIndianaGSUIndiana Posts: 8
    edited 2006-03-19 21:41
    Thanks guys, I was sure that I could snip the excess strip off and all would be well.... Thanks again. And BTW is is a Futaba servo...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    From···· ·Northwest· ·· Indiana-

Where·· the · introverts · stare
    at··· there·· ·shoes··· and·· the
    extroverts stare at your shoes!
    · ········ 1104983307573008oc.jpg