Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot Automatic Paper Towel Dispenser — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot Automatic Paper Towel Dispenser

A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
edited 2006-02-13 14:08 in Robotics
Hi. A project that I've been working on for a while is transforming my Boe-Bot into a automatic paper towel dispenser. (I wish i could show pics, but my camera isn't working). My code, scematic, and model aren't very perfect, because I'm a real begginner, but she works.
How my model functions is place your hand in front of the IRs, and the paper will unravel until you take your hand away, and then it goes back up. I tunned it so when your hand is away, and the unraveled paper towel is down, the boe-bot· only sort-of reconises the paper, and stays put.
Code[noparse]:([/noparse]You can revise it alot)
' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}

DEBUG "Paper Towel Dispenser On!"
Kpl CON 35
Kpr CON -35
SetPoint CON 3
CenterPulse CON 750
freqSelect VAR Nib
irFrequency VAR Word
distanceL VAR Nib
distanceR VAR Nib
pulseL VAR Word
irDetectL VAR Bit
irDetectR VAR Bit
FREQOUT 4, 2000, 3000
DO
GOSUB SR1
pulseL = SetPoint - distanceL * Kpl + CenterPulse
GOSUB Unravel
LOOP
SR1:
distanceL = 0
FOR freqSelect = 0 TO 4
LOOKUP freqSelect, [noparse][[/noparse]37500, 38250, 39500, 40500, 41500], irFrequency
FREQOUT 8,1,irFrequency
irDetectL = IN9
distanceL = distanceL - irDetectL
NEXT
RETURN
Unravel :
PULSOUT 13, pulseL
PAUSE 6
RETURN

Scematic- The scematic is the average IR sensing Boe-Bot in the manual and on the front page, but replace the 1k resistors with 3k or 4k resistors
Model- First, take out the Boe-Bot's LEFT wheel. Put that aside. Then take a Full paper towel roll and HALF or less of an empty roll. Squeeze one end of the half roll, and then insert it into the Full Roll, leaving about one half of the half roll sticking out. Make sure it is very tight and secure. nono.gif Then get a 1 inch dowel. Get one holder for the dowel and another object with a flat top that is the same size. Put the dowel in the holder, and attach the boe-bot servo and wheel on the object. Then, put your rolls on the dowel. Finally, attach the sticking out half roll to the boe-bot servo. I'm sorry if this is confusing but I'm not a good explainer. I will appreciate positive feed back and information because I'm still a basic learner.
Thanks.
Attached·is a paint made diagram.(I'm a REALLY bad artist)

Comments

• DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
    edited 2006-02-11 22:40
    lol. I would love to see this. Any time you can get your camera working?
  • A.C. fishingA.C. fishing Posts: 262
    edited 2006-02-12 14:13
    Yes. I'm getting it fixed today, so I can probably post on Mon.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-13 14:08
    Maybe you could get this produced as a toilet paper dispenser too.
    People really waste a lot of both.

The IR is great as you don't have to touch anything with wet hands.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan