Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Toddler turning — Parallax Forums

Toddler turning

hexbot projecthexbot project Posts: 3
edited 2006-02-09 09:07 in Robotics
Hi,

I'm new to the programming of the Toddler hexbot, but i tried to program the toddler with the turning program that is provided on the Parallax website, but when i run the program the Toddler does not turn at all, he just moves forwards and backwards.

Is there something wrong with the program itself or is the servo backwards?

I would really be thankful if someone could tell me what is wrong with the Toddler

Thanks

Justin

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-02-07 00:59
    Make sure that you have centered your servos.· Please attache a copy of your code as a .bs2 file and I will test it here to verify it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • hexbot projecthexbot project Posts: 3
    edited 2006-02-07 18:21
    Here is a copy of the turning code for the Toddler, see if there is problem with the programming. I watched a video of the the Toddler turning and it looks like the legs that is suppose to turn is up in the air instead if turning the toddler.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-07 19:03
    If the two servos are switched when the Toddler program is in a straight forward mode, the Toddler will walk backwards instead of forwards.

I don't think that switched servos will cause the Toddler to cease turning. The operation is quite different in sequence.

Centering the servos and getting a good straight walk established before moving on to turning is quite helpful as you begin to wonder if your code is wrong or your mechanical set up is wrong.

If you can be sure the mechanical is right, you have eliminated going back and forths between topics. A lot of confusion may be avoided.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-02-08 17:05
    I've tested the code that you sent.· I notice that if the servos are not connected to the to the proper I/O pins that it will walk backwards in a straight line.· I suggust swapping the servos leads in I/O pins 12 and 13.· This should correct the problem.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-09 09:07
    Just one question. doesn't the Hexbot have six legs and the Toddler have two?

Or is there a Toddler Hexbot with both?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan