Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help with pulsout — Parallax Forums

Need help with pulsout

edited 2005-08-13 15:23 in Robotics
Hi I am new at·the boe-bot yet I have succeeded in creating a program that allows the robot to not fall of the table but I put the forward main program ( if the sensors detect the edge it backsup and turns around ) in pulsout program does and it stop..goes..stop..goes does anyone know if I use a High & Low program for my servo motor if it will make it roll contiuosly and if it will go slow enough to detect the edge of the table?

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-08-13 14:22
    It all boils down to your code, due to the fact that the servos aren't that fast.· Your sensor rountine is going to be the critical part here, you need to make sure that you are constantly reading the edge detectors and when the edge is detected go to your routine that·turns the servos in the proper direction.· I believe there is even a sample code of this in the "Robotics' with the Boe-Bot" text.· Here is a link for the download of the text:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28154

I just went to www.google.com and found loads of information regarding this topic.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 8/13/2005 2:22:01 PM GMT
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-08-13 15:23
    It sounds like you might have some remnant DEBUG statements hanging around in your PBASIC code. Or, is it possible the Stamp is resetting due to low batteries?

You can't use a HIGH or LOW command to control your servos. They require a 1-2 ms pulse between periods of 20-40 ms. But this gives you plenty of time to do other calculations, sensor checks, etc.

You probably need to post your code, too.

Ken