Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2-1c Line Maze Robot — Parallax Forums

BS2-1c Line Maze Robot

macmanmacman Posts: 20
edited 2004-08-04 11:33 in Robotics
Has anybody attempted or had any sucess at a Line Maze Solving Robot using a BS2-1C stamp. I have asked around and it would seem that the memory and processing speed are an issue and that BS2-IC is not the righ tool for the job any comments? confused.gif

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-07-26 02:48
    Try doing a web search on "micromouse" and "basic stamp" -- I believe you'll find something. While surfing sometime back I came across a middle-school in England that was using the BS2 in a maze-solving robot.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • macmanmacman Posts: 20
    edited 2004-08-04 11:33
    Many thanks for that information Jon, I would not have thought to search on "Micromouse". -- For anyone else interested here is the web link for the site that Jon referenced -- http://micromouse.cannock.ac.uk/
    It has some really interesting information on all aspects of building a maze solving robot, from programming to choice of motors, sensors etc...
    If anyone else has attempted anything like this, or would like to share any insights, I would be very interested to hear from them.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards Nigel

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill